Chapter 7

Gray was in my apartment along with Erza. When she came back a few days ago, Erza almost killed Gray when she found out about us. All of us tried to restrain her as she went on her rampage. Many people actually got hurt but luckily, we managed to calm her down and I explained everything to her. She understood but still cannot stand the thought of Gray being in love with me. Well, who could?

"It's really creepy how Gray is looking at you like you're some kind of strawberry cake," Erza whispered.

I turned to Gray and when our eyes met he flushed and looked away from me. I smiled and turned back to Erza "He's under a love potion, remember?"

"Yeah, anyway, I came here to invite you and Gray to a dinner tonight," she said as she looked away from me.

I raised my eyebrows "With who?"

Erza avoided my eyes and I swear that I saw her face flush "Umm...with...with an old friend of mine. He's in town and wanted to eat together and so I figured that I invite you,"

"So we're going on a double date?"

"No, of course not, we'll you and Gray will be on a date but not me and my friend. We're just going on a friendly date," she said.

I smiled. Erza is acting very defensive and I think I know the "old friend" she's referring to. I turned to Gray again and he was making something out of his hands. Will he agree to go with me? I know I should be distancing myself from him so that it will be easier for me when he's cured. But I can't bring myself to do it; I want to be with him so badly.

"Lucy? Are you okay?"

I blinked "Yeah, sorry I kind of zoned out for a second but we're going to the dinner,"

Erza's face lit up "Alright, we'll meet you guys in the park later," she turned to Gray "You better not be late or you'll end up in the infirmary,"

Gray cringed "Alright, geez no need to threaten me,"

Erza stood up "See you later guys," she said before she went out of my door.

--

It turned out that I was right. After Gray picked me up at my apartment, we went directly to the park. I was very conscious and feeling very excited because ever since I went out of my apartment door, Gray couldn't keep his eyes off of me. I was glad because my 2 hour preparation paid off well. I was wearing a black dress and my hair was cascading down my back.

Erza was sitting on the bench wearing an elegant dress. She looks gorgeous. She stood up when she saw us.

"Lucy, you look beautiful," she said.

"You too, Erza," I look around and then turned back to Erza "So where's Jellal?"

Her cheeks suddenly turned red upon hearing Jellal's name. Wait, she didn't really expect me to know that we're having dinner with Jellal?

"H-he s-said that h-he's c-coming," she stuttered.

Erza looks cute when she's nervous. I'm really impressed with this woman. She can keep her cool whenever she faces monsters and enemies but gets really nervous over a guy. I look at Gray and he was trying not to laugh at his friend's behaviour.

Erza probably noticed this because he shot Gray a deathly glare that made him stop laughing.

"I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting,"

I turned around and found Jellal walking towards us. He was wearing his usual clothes. I turned to Erza and found her blushing and looking down. Jellal walked towards Erza and offered his arm to her. Erza took Jellal's arm and the four of us started to walk towards the restaurant in town.

...

The dinner went great and Erza, thankfully, became comfortable after the first 30 minutes. I was looking at her now and saw how happy she was. I glanced at Gray. What if what he felt for me was real? What would it feel like if the one you love loves you just the same or maybe even more? I want to feel it so badly. I want to feel all those feelings I've only read in romance novels.

Gray probably noticed that I was staring at him because a worried look slowly crept into his face "What's wrong?" he whispered.

"Nothing, I'm just getting a little tired,"

"Do you want to go home?" he asked, as he glanced at the couple in front of us.

"Wouldn't it be rude?" I asked.

"No, Erza and Jellal will understand and I think it's better if we give them a little privacy," he winked at me and turned to Erza "Well, I think we better go. Lucy is getting tired,"

"Oh, alright. Thank you for coming guys," said Erza.

"Thank you for everything. We had such a great time," I said as I smiled at both of them. After saying our goodbyes, Gray and I went out of the restaurant. Gray suddenly stopped and took off his coat. He wrapped it around my shoulders and I instantly felt warmer.

"Thank you, Gray," I said. I held his hand as we walked back to my house. We were the only ones walking in the street. The wind suddenly blew hard that I have to grip Gray's coat to keep it from being blown away.

"Geez, what a breeze," I said.

"Lucy stop," said Gray in a hard voice. "Something's wrong,"

I felt tense right away. He's right there is something wrong. A shadow went past us and we both went into full on battle mode. I reached for my pocket, but then remembered that I left my keys at home. I silently cursed myself for it.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," I heard Gray say.

"That is really sweet of you to say," a high-pitched voice said. There was a figure ahead of us but it was hidden in the shows.

"Who are you? Show yourself," Gray said in a hard threatening voice.

The figure moved but instead of moving for us, it moved back into the shadows. It was like it was preventing us from seeing its face. The wind blew hard again but this time it was as if someone was trying to take me with it. I held into Gray's arms and he pulled me into him.

"This is getting so boring," said the voice again "Please forgive me for ruining your perfect lives, but then again I'm really not that sorry," The shadow suddenly moved so fast that it suddenly disappeared. The next thing I knew, Gray was on the ground unconscious and I was screaming his name.

-----------

Sorry for not updating for a few days guys!!!!...
But thank you really for all your patience. Things just got really heated up in this story. A new character showed up and I don't think he/she wants to be friends with Lucy and Gray.