Chapter 27

Gray's POV:

"What's the matter with you lately? You're always in a bad mood," said Erza.

We're on the guild and she's eating her usual cake.

"Nothing," I snapped. I cursed silently and stared at the door again. I've been doing that lately. Snapping at everyone and just looking at the guild door.

I tried to control it but my eyes always go to that door and every time it opens, I keep hoping I'll be able to see her. I'll be able to see Lucy. It's been a week already. Master said that she went on a mission with Juvia and Levy. Natsu asked for details but Master said he can't tell us about it. We just have to wait until they come back.

It's been a week and yet they didn't even try to contact us. Even Gajeel who acts like he doesn't care about anything is beginning to get worried. Where are they?

"Nothing's going to happen if you keep snapping at everyone you know," said Erza. She's now on her 3rd serving of cake.

I rolled my eyes "I don't expect anything to happen. I just want them to come back safe,"

"Is that all?" she asked.

I didn't answer as I stood up from my seat "I'm going to go out. Tell me immediately if they come back,"
-------

I woke up late the next day. I had that dream again, the dream where Lucy is calling my name. As I begin to think about it more, she really did save me. She is the reason why I woke up.

After taking a bath and getting ready, I dragged myself to the guild.
Only one thought came to me as I made my way through the crowded streets of Magnolia and into the front door of the Fairy Tail guild. I want to see her. Please, I really want to see her.

I took in a deep breath as I open the door. And then there she was. Sitting on her usual seat at the bar and drinking her strawberry shake. She was alright and she was finally here.

Our friends are around her, probably asking her about the mission. She was yelling at Natsu again and laughing with Erza and Wendy. Happy was hugging her tightly.

And as I look at her, I realized just how much I miss her. Lucy is a friend and it's typical to miss her. I've been trying to convince myself to treat her that way that I've been using it as a cover to hide what I truly feel for her.

God, I like her. I think I even love her. And I am such an idiot to finally realize it now.

I made my way to her and probably sensing my presence, she turned to me.

"You lazy head, you're late," Natsu complained but for once I didn't care.

"Lucy waited for you, you know," Erza said as she gave me a smile.

"Sorry, I'm late," I said as I look at Lucy.

"We'd better leave you two then. It looks like you have a lot to talk about," said Erza as she dragged Natsu and Happy with him. Wendy gave me a smile and soon it was just the two of us.

"Sorry, I made you worry," she said.

I shook my head "It's alright, the important thing is that now you're here,"

"Gray, I...

"No, let me speak first. I know I've been a complete idiot. And I know you hate me now. But Lucy, I just want to tell you that I've always thought that you're an amazing person and I don't even know how it happened or when but I'm sure of it this time. I like you,"

Her eyes widened "Gray...

"It's true and I don't want to deny it anymore," I admitted.

She was quiet as she avoided my gaze again. My heart was pounding after my confession. So this is how she felt after she confessed to me. Waiting for the answer feels as if I'm waiting for that last attack and then I die.

"Lucy, say something. I'm about to die here," I said jokingly.

"Gray," she whispered.

"Yes?"

"Gray I'm.....,"

I furrowed my eyebrows "What is it?"

"Gray! You better wake up now you dumbass!"

What the hell? I opened my eyes and there was Natsu. He was really pissed and beside him was Happy, looking like he's about to cry.

Damn it, so it was all just a dream? Seeing Lucy, confessing to her was all just a freaking dream? Then damn that Natsu for even waking me up.

"Don't you dare go back to sleep, you perverted psycho!" he practically yelled.

"Damn it, get out of my house!" I yelled too.

"Oh yeah?! Who said I wanted to come here? If it weren't for that old man I wouldn't even think to come here and rob you,"

"Natsu, Gray, stop it. We have to go back to the guild. It's Lucy!" Happy suddenly screamed.

"Lucy? What are you talking about? Is she here already?"

Both of them kept quiet and I suddenly grew nervous. What happened to Lucy? If something happened to her, I would search for the person responsible for it and make him pay.

"They are here, but only Juvia and Levy. Lucy is gone,"

---------------

It was actually hard to write this chapter and it took a lot of brainstorming, but thankfully I got satisfied with it.

What really happened to Lucy? Is she alright?

And good work Gray for finally realizing you actually love her when its already too late...or is it really?

Find out in the next chap! And don't forget to comment and vote