1: Alone

Avneet's POV

I slowly opened my eyes adjusting myself to the direct ray of the sun hitting my eyes. My body was spread across the hot dusty ground and a mass of bodies scattered near to me. About 40 meters ahead of me was an aeroplane, burnt black and all it's parts disassembled. I looked at my hands and legs and saw bruises all over them. Feeling the cold blood trickling down my nose, I remembered the events that had led up to this.

A few hours earlier

I was in a deep cozy sleep in my seat in the plane to Dallas when the shouting and the desperate screams woke me up. I woke up and looked around to see all the people running here and there and asked the person next to me what had happened

Person: The plane has caught fire! Now we will all die!

Shook by the news, my eyes shot open. I had to escape this plane. Call me selfish, but I liked to live and didn't want to die. Not by being burnt alive.

The fire was spreading quickly and smoke filled the room. The air hostesses carefully walking threw us bags full of paragliding tools. Since I was panicking and desperate to get out, I immediately grabbed a bag, put it on and jumped out of the plane.

I looked down and when I realized what I thought was a safe distance, I pressed the button and as the balloon thing opened, I glided into an unknown place and passed out due to the lack of oxygen.

Now

I felt breathless. But even more, I was hungry and thirsty. I had survived the crash and that meant a lot so I got up and decided to go and find food and water and probably other survivors. I wiped the blood off of my face and made my way into the dense dark green mass of trees.

After walking for  while, I could see a stream and a mango tree right beside. Great! I found both food and water as well as a place to rest. I drank the cool refreshing water from the stream first and then decided to go and pluck the mangoes.

I tore the sleeve of my already tattered shirt and wrapped it around the wound in my knee to stop the bleeding. I tied my hair up and began to climb up.

I went up and up until I reached the mangoes and began to gather the ripen ones. I was just about to make my way down when I missed a branch and fell tumbling down the tree.

I braced myself for the impact and thorns but it never came. Instead, I felt a pair of arms hold me and hazel brown eyes boring into mine. 

It was a man. 

Yay! The first chapter is finally done and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Any guesses on who that man is? (as if it's not obvious already)

Love lots, Kyra