3: Oh No

We spent a week in the island feeding on nothing but fruits and even though I was supposed to be grateful for having food, I was sick of having the same thing over and over again.

Avneet: Do you know how to cook chicken without a stove?

Siddharth: No, but I have seen movies where they do it.

Avneet: Then you have it worse than me.

We both fall silent and in a few seconds, I broke the silence.

Avneet: I'm sure we'll find something. Look, we can go and maybe try and hunt something? Don't tell me you're vegetarian.

Siddharth: I am vegetarian.

I shot him a death glare and he finally admitted the truth.

Siddharth: Kay, kay, relax, I'm not.

Avneet: Here, we'll do this. We're going to go to the southern part of this island today. We've looked all around the east, west and north. The only undiscovered part is the south.

Siddharth: Right, we might be able to find something. Here, have these icky strawberries for now and we'll pay a visit to the southern part.

Avneet: This will be the last time we need to eat the same fruits, right?

"Right.", he assured me and put a hand on my shoulder. He held my gaze for a while and tucking a fallen strand of my hair behind my ear, he smiled lightly at me. That smile almost gave me a heart attack. I flinched under his touch and my heart started hammering so loud, I almost thought it would explode. 

One hour later

We walked through the mass of dark green trees and stepped carefully on the damp and wet soil. I was leading the way and Siddharth stood right behind me looking out for potential danger. 

Siddharth: Hey! Look! It's a potato field!

Fully enthusiastic at the thought of eating something besides strawberries and mangoes I turned back and questioned excitedly, "What? Where?".

Siddharth: No where. I pranked you.

I shot him a disappointed look to which he responded with an adorable display of puppy eyes. Turning fully back facing him, I began to walk backwards. 

Avneet: You haven't told me about your family? Do you have any siblings?

Siddharth: Yep, I have a sister and a brother.

Avneet: What are their names?

Siddharth: Anahita and Abhishek. What about you? Do you have any siblings?

Avneet: Nope. I'm a single child. But I do have a pet. A cat. Her name is Minnie.

Siddharth: Anahita also has a cat. I'm more of a dog person.

Involved in the chat, I wasn't paying attention to the road I was walking on. Since I was walking backwards, I tripped on a boulder and flipping over fell in the middle of a swamp. 

Before long, I was slowly drowning in a pool of thick boggy mud. As I struggled to pull myself out, I felt myself getting dragged in further. With no way to get out of the place myself I shouted Siddharth's name.

Avneet: Siddharth! Siddharth!

Hearing my screams, he ran up quickly and caught the sight of me in the swamp. I waved frantically at him as he hurriedly asked me.

Siddharth: How the hell did you get trapped in there?

Avneet: Tripped on a stone, got flipped over by impact, ended up here. Just get me out of this please.

Siddharth: Don't worry. Stay still. I'll find a way for you to get out! I promise.

Here's chapter 3 successfully uploaded. I hope y'all enjoyed this part. 

Do you think Avneet will get out? If yes, how do you think Siddharth will get her out?

Make sure to vote and leave a comment.

Love lots, Kyra.