2: Conversation

I went up and up until I reached the mangoes and began to gather the ripen ones. I was just about to make my way down when I missed a branch and fell tumbling down the tree.

I braced myself for the impact and thorns but it never came. Instead, I felt a pair of arms hold me and hazel brown eyes boring into mine. 

It was a man.

A man in all sense of the word. His dark brown hair messily slicked to the side and a deep scar running across the side of his cheek. I held on to him tightly as I continued to look over all his godly features. 

"As lovely as this straight out of a cliché  teenage movie scene is, you're sort of heavy.", he spoke with a rich husky voice.

"Right," I say and he gently brings me back to the ground.

Avneet: Thanks, I guess. 

Man: You're welcome, I guess.

Avneet: You could have saved those mangoes too, you know. Now I have to go and pluck some all over again and potentially fall off all over again.

Man: I don't think I'll be able to hold your weight all over again, though.

Avneet: Excuse me?

Man: You're excused.

I looked to his direction glaring and in a few seconds we both broke off into laughter. I went back to the bundle of mangoes and picking one that hadn't been squashed, I gave it to the man.

The man nods at me, which I took as thank you and begins to take the peel off. He turned back at me and in a hushed voice he asked, "Are you from umm.. the crash?"

I lower my head and nod. 

Avneet: You too?

Man: Yes and I have some bad news.

Avneet: More bad news? Seems like the worst freaking day in my already miserable life.

Man: I went up and examined every single body. All of them are dead. We're the only survivors. The two of us are alone in this island.

Avneet: Oh.

We stood there silent for a few second until he finally broke the silence.

Man: We'll get through this. Don't worry. Maybe a ship or a plane will come here sometime soon.

Avneet: We WON'T get through this. Look, I appreciate your optimism and all but we're STRANDED in a place we know nothing about and the two of us is all we got!

Man: Exactly, the two of us is all we got. So we're gonna work together and survive in this place until we find a way to go back home. 

I nodded silently.

Man: By any chance, do you have your phone? I left mine in the plane when I was running out.

Avneet: No, mine broke when I jumped out and crashed here.

Man: Just great. Anyways, since we're the only company we have, I didn't catch your name.

"I never threw it anyways.", I clap back sneakily  and he chuckles lightly. God, his chuckling is freaking hot.

Man: What's your name?

"Avneet, Avneet Kaur.", I say and raise my hand for a handshake.

"Siddharth Nigam", he says and shakes it with a little smile.

So the second chapter is up! I hope you enjoyed this. Now that they've officially met, what do you think will happen next? Vote and comment.

Love lots, Kyra.