Chapter 002: Task

Lucien went out of the bathroom after a short wash and found that his (future) lover was still asleep. Ignoring the sleeping man, he opened the system shop and bought a few cheap, yet comfy clothes and wore it. Looking back towards the man, his lips arched in a sadistic grin and walked out.

But his steps paused just as he was near the door. He remembered that when the man, who was his lover went in, the room was locked from the outside. And due to his current physique being weak, he figured that he wouldn't be able to broke through the barred door.

He thought for some time, and looked around for other alternative ways to exit but couldn't find any. By chance, he faintly heard footsteps coming towards the door of the room. Taking this opportunity, he knocked the door thrice and called out to get the other party's attention.

And just as he thought, an attendant came near and tried to open the doorknob but couldn't. Lucien heard the jiggling of keys and knew the person outside must be opening the locked door from outside. Not waiting a single moment, when a small gap was made in the exit, Lucien quickly pushed through and went out.

He was brisk walking with a panicked look on his face as he bypassed strangers and went out of the hotel he was in. As he reached outside, he walked towards the alleyway, found that no one was around, and dropped his nervous act. Standing upright, he fixed his messy clothes and hair then leaned his back on the wall behind.

A few minutes later, a meager amount of information gets transferred into his brain. Narrowing his eyes, he naturally knew why the search took so long. It seems like the world is on the verge of being abandoned. Such a pity, he thought.

╭──────────────────╮
(Incomplete) World Plot:
LINE 4 - Protogonist gets drugged. Trapped in a room and slept with cannon 12. Protagonist blames cannon 12 and throws cannon 12 out. Cannon 12 meets villain(FL?). Female lead(villain?) ruins Cannon 12. Villain lead female male lead villain(?) Meets Protagonist again.
LINE 5 - Villain... villainvillaialedlmalemalefemalevillainleadleadfemalelealeleeleleeeee e e e e 【ERROR!

ーーーーーーーーーー
World Tasks:
ーーーーーー
- Main Mission 1 -
Reconstruct faulty plot
- Main Mission 2 -
Eliminate world Error
ーーーーーーーーーー
- Side Task 1 (optional) -
Reform protagonist
- Side Task 2 (optional) -
Find new protagonist and supporting leads
- Side Task 3 (optional) -
Initiate world advancement

╭──────────╮
Completion Rewards
World Ownership
1 Upgrade
2 Reset Options
╰──────────╯

╰──────────────────╯

Looking through the information that was provided, he discovered that the "plot" is actually almost invalid and would definitely need to be recreated. As for the second main mission and sidetasks, he found that they were of normal difficulty. What is really problematic is the reconstruction of the plot. If the task said to create a plot then it would be much easier. But it said reconstruct, and the plot doesn't even make sense so how to complete it?

Lucien stared at the first main mission and pondered. Anyways, he will just leave it for later and not bother with it for the time being. The world completion rewards are satisfactory so he won't mind it. Closing off the system interface, he suddenly felt an ongoing rush of happiness and he felt the urge to laugh.

He doesn't know why but... there seems to be a problem with his new body?

Lucien froze, and just as fast as the joy he felt came, it also got replaced by a feeling of vast emptiness in the same manner.

Well, seems like he was correct. There really is a problem with his current self. A broken world and invalid plot, obviously, the characters must also be faulty.

He smiled, eyes forming into crescents and lips curling into a disturbing smile. Lucien spoke, voice deep and magnetic.

"System, do care to explain?"

ーーーーーーー
A/N:
Word count is 647.