Prologue

"Do not stand

"Do not stand

By my grave, and weep.

I am not there,

I do not sleep—

I am the thousand winds that blow

I am the diamond glints in snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle, autumn rain.

As you awake with morning's hush,

I am the swift, up-flinging rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight,

I am the day transcending night.

Do not stand

By my grave, and cry—

I am not there,

I did not die."

It was time.

The surviving campers gathered near the hearth and the smell of the wafted over me as Percy walked over. The silence was heavy and deafening with the occasional sniffles. A sombre feeling settled within the camp as their shoulders drooped down and heads bowed. Her eyes met Reyna, Rachel, Travis, Connor, Will, Clarisse, other older campers and Coach Hedge on the other side, all giving a tear-filled nod and a shaky smile. Most of them had been together from the start, fighting monsters and losing family, side by side. Some of the oldest demigods at camp from my first prophecy. I could see tears streaming down Chirons face, with Mr D trying to look unbothered but failing, the glimmer of sadness in his eyes easily visible. Tyson stood at the corner with Ella, both taking comfort with each other. Calypso, freed after the war, was also there for one last goodbye to Leo for a while, before she went to travel the world to escape the pain. Sensing she was here, the campers looked over to Percy for how to proceed. She took a deep breath in.

"We are here today due to the sacrifice of our family and friends. They may be gone but they will live on with us until the end of time. Mortals might not know how much we have lost and sacrificed for them, but gaining a family in all of you made it worth it. I do not doubt that the fallen will be always watching over us, making fun of our crazy mess of lives and being reckless idiots, criticizing our fighting style, and guiding us into the new chapter of our lives." A couple of low chuckles could be heard from that as she felt Thalia and Nico step in beside me.