Chapter 4

The stars shone brightly across the dark night sky as the huntress chased across the universe, forever immortal most beautifully and tragically

The smell of the burning wood in the campfire and the steady thrum of the Argo Ⅱ provided a sense of comfort to the campers with the fate of the world on their shoulders.

Nico silently observed them all with his place beside Reyna. Percy and Annabeth sat across from him seeking solace in each other's embrace, a common blanket wrapped around them. Nico almost would have awed at the sight if not for the fact that he had to uphold this reputation (though everyone knew that he was a bunch of rainbows on the inside). Jason and Piper were grinning and speaking in hushed whispers among themselves. Leo sat with Reyna and Nico as he explained in detail how he got the name Festus, with wild hand gestures that made them laugh. Though, Nico noticed the yearning look in his eyes as he remembered Calypso. Festus was curled around the group protectively while sleeping. For once, Coach Hedge wasn't craving violence (though Nico couldn't be quite sure of that, it was impossible to tell with the satyr). Hazel was leaning on Frank as he moved a hand through her hair.

With a toasted marshmallow in hand, the campers moved with the rhythm of the guitar in the background as they all sang softly. The group burst into laughter when Percy and Leo made a competition to see how many marshmallows they could fit in their mouth. They were met with shouts of encouragement whereas the sane ones out of them shook their heads and laughed.

It was those little moments like these that made them glad to be demigods. Sure, some of their home lives weren't the best. Sure, they had to go through with multiple people trying to kill them. Sure, they will probably die young and lose each other. But, one thing all of them could be sure of, was that they always had their back. They had lost so much, but through it, they had gained a wonderful, slightly dysfunctional, family that would fight tooth and nail for them. That would go to the deepest pits of Tartarus for them. They had something to fight for. They might perish, but they knew it would be for a cause and they would go happy. They would always remember those happy days at camp, their chosen family. They had a chance of knowing people so amazing that they wouldn't change anything, even if they had to relieve them a hundred times again. And when it was time to go, oblivion wouldn't ever fully claim them as long they were in their family's hearts till Elysium. As they passed, all the demigods that ever lived will be forever immortalized in the memorial. A bunch of misfits from camps fighting for the world. One day, they all will become legends.

Nico was brought out of his reverie when a question was asked.

The fire illuminated the gold in Hazel's eyes when she asked, "Guys if we survive this, what are you going to do next? Frank and I will be continuing our schooling since we are still young."

No one missed the use of the word 'if' as the severity of the situation grew and their faces grew grave for a second as they remembered what was waiting for them.