Chapter 2

It was a beautiful morning

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the sky was clear. It was peaceful and quiet for once.

"Leo and Percy! You better wish you were dead compared to what I will do to you!"

Annabeth sighed. Of course, it wouldn't stay quiet with those idiots present. Thank the gods that the Stolls weren't here. It would just be a nuclear war waiting to happen.

As she came out of her cabin, she was met with a sight that told her that the world was ending.

Nico glared at Annabeth who was trying to hold in her laugh.

"What?"

She just shook her head, not being able to control her laughs as she walked away.

Soon the others joined in and suffered the same fate.

Nico had a murderous look in his eyes. However, its effect was diminished by the pink paint and sparkles he was covered in.

It was also quite funny to see a short Italian boy shouting as he chased them with a sword, while simultaneously threatening them to various degrees like murder and eating their cookies.

Annabeth gave them the first head-shake of the day out of the many she was going to give them today.

"You guys are idiots, do you know that?"

Percy and Leo just grinned.

"In our defence, we actually do know that."

She hated Mondays, she hated school and she hated her life

With a sigh, Percy woke up and glanced at all the unpacked boxes around her.

Her mother Sally's cousin Melissa lived in Beacon Hill. Thinking that she needed a change, they moved there to also reconnect with her moms side of the family. It was... fun... explaining that to her highly protective camp.

Getting up, she went and touched the frames covering the whole wall. As a gift and a favour, each demigod was given a moving photo of their closest friends and family who were lost, their favourite moments, etc. She had framed most of them and had the never-ending photo album of her friends.

Getting ready for school, she sprayed on my camp perfume. All demigods had gathered around to develop something to hide our scent and keep the monsters away. It combined with their godly DNA and hid most of their demigod scent but some of it still lingered. Some monsters still found them, but they were only the rare few and they could be defeated more easily.

Most of these things were enchanted like riptide, to come when they were needed. They would usually be at home.

As Percy made her way to school, she was told that my cousin Scott would meet her there to show her around.

As she saw him nearing, warning bells sounded in her mind which she usually gets around monsters and other demigods. It wasn't that profound and didn't seem bad, but it was still weird. However, she now knew that there was something strange about her cousin.

"Hey, Percy right?"

"Yeah. You are Scott right? "

Even with the off-putting smell, it was hard not to like him with his puppy eyes, tan skin, and a crooked jaw.

"Yup. It's nice to meet you after such a long time. The last time I saw you, we were 10. You look so grown up now."

"It's nice to meet you too."

She smiled awkwardly at him since it had been a long time and they had both grown a lot.

As they went on with the tour, she spaced out most of the time.

Seeing Percy was bored, Scott proposed to introduce her to his friends. They headed to a group of four people who seemed to be in an intense discussion about something serious or something completely stupid based on the exaggerated hand gestures done by the 'Stiles' dude that she met yesterday. The redhead nudged him to see the pair's arrival.

"Everyone, this is Perseu-"

"Just Percy."

"-Percy Jackson, my cousin. She going to be a freshman. These are my friends. That's Stiles, Lydia, Kira and Malia."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you. I finally know some people in this school."

Stiles grinned while jumping on his feet, but she could see slight suspicion in his eyes. "We've met," he directed to Scott before turning in her direction and shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you officially..."

"Hey, where's your cousin Miguel?"

Scott frowned and tilted his head in confusion and turned towards Stiles for an answer.

"Who? Wait-oh yeah! Der-Miguel had to go back to Mexico. He was only here for a couple of days."

"Pity... He was cute," she mumbled in disappointment before turning towards the others with a smile.

Just to be clear, Percy was still healing from Annabeth and she will always be a part of her, even after she dies. But that didn't mean that she couldn't appreciate good looks.

Malia just stared and awkwardly tried to smile.

Kira shyly waved with a small smile. Her attitude reminded Percy of Hazel but she put those thoughts to the back of her mind.

And Lydia scanned her outfit with a glint of approval in her eyes.

"I love your hair. You are my new friend. We girls are going shopping later this week and you are coming."

Having no chance to deny or reply when she started talking about clothes, Percy just went along with it.

The bell rang as she soon headed to class.

Safe to say, Scott's friends are weird. But not weirder than hers.

Once, she caught Nico and Will trying to smuggle a rainbow coloured guinea pig wearing a ballet tutu in the Hades cabin. They knew that she hated guinea pigs ever since she had annoyed Circe too much. When asked about it, Nico just stuffed a burger in her mouth and Will threw a bunch of glitter on her (She still doesn't know what he was trying to achieve with it). They later gifted a picture of it on her birthday with the phrase "Percy in a tutu. Love, Nico and Will." Though, the burger was awesome. It was McDonalds.

 It was McDonalds