Chapter 1

Percy slung an arm around Grover's shoulder as they made their way out of the McDonalds with Nico who was munching on a Happy meal

"You know G-man, I just heard some interesting news about our dear baby Neeks here..."

Amused, Grover played along. "Oh really? I have to hear this."

Percy grinned, ruffling the hair of an annoyed and scowling Nico. "My dear little cousin here has his first crush, and you'll never guess who it is!"

Grover leaned in, intrigued, as Nico huffed at them with his cheeks puffed. "For the last time Percy, it's not a crush! I just said that he had a cool jacket."

Grover nodded seriously at that, but turned towards her and, ignoring Nico's shouts of protest, whispered, "That's what they all say."

Percy wiped a fake tear. "He's so grown up now, my little wittle baby..." She pulled Nico's cheeks as he stood with a 'seriously' expression.

Grover started fake bawling into his handkerchief as she took support against his shoulder in a river of tears. "Oh! What will we do now?" he sniffled between tears and hiccups, "What about us? What about everything we've been through? Will you just forget about us now that you have a boyfriend of your own? Why, you didn't even tell me about him! I will tell you what Perce, we have been replaced!" Nico rolled his eyes at his families dramatic antics when suddenly, like a switch had been flipped, Grover narrowed his eyes. "Wait, who's the boy?"

Percy barked a laugh at this as she spoke, "It's Tyler Grey. You know, the Iris camper with those rainbow dyed blond hair. Though I don't think he's gay and my gay-dar is pretty accurate."

Grover blanched, made a goat-like sound, groaned and sternly turned towards Nico. "Why him? I have seen him around and he is kind of dumb. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is a good kid with a good heart, but you have to agree that he is not the brightest crayon in the box or the factory, now that I think about it. For god's sake, he is even dumber than Percy... Plus, he is straight so you will just get heartbroken and you are too precious for that!."

"Yeah!" She agreed and tilted her head before a certain realization crept in. "Hey! What do you mean?! I am not dumb you-" she indignantly shouted before she was cut off.

"Why couldn't you have picked someone like Max Roberts from the Hecate cabin, or even the sunshiny cute blond will Solace from the Apollo cabin. Plus, he is a doctor so he is smart and looks just like your type."

Nico stopped the conversation before it could go any further. "Look, let me get one thing straight, I don't like and will never like Tyler, I just like his new jacket." Ignoring a sigh of relief from them, he continued. "Don't make such a big deal about this. Now, if you two old ladies are done gossiping over tea time, I would like to reach camp in time to attend my afternoon lessons."