Chapter ✺ 3

It's the middle of the next day and I have not slept a wink. Instead I have wandered alone, still on the outskirts of the Tribe. At times I have rested by roots of large trees, only to get restless and need to move once more.

I could remain on the outskirts for days without trouble.

However...

The sky was turning grey with thick cloud, and I could smell rain in the air, before it touched soil.

I had a nervous heart because of it.

Tears from the sky could kill you if floods were the result. But that was rare.

It was the low rumble of thunder that I was most weary of.

Since I was a child, I had a fear of lightning.

I had almost been struck by it – thrice.

I felt cursed to be in open air when a storm was brewing.

Now, I have no choice; I need to be undercover.

I head to the nearest tents, where I know the women of Sovrex are already inside.

As I approach the first all-female tent, those on duty recognise my face and immediately fly into the tent – tying the flaps closed.

I reach for the knot, my mouth curling into a snarl.

But as I try to untie it, I hear a clap of thunder and I jerk backwards in fright.

As I look around in a panic, everyone is filtering into their tents, one eye on me from every man and woman who recognises me as trouble. As I head to the closest tent to my right, I am again swiftly blocked from entering.

Oh, Sun.

I turn around with growing terror – looking up just in time to see lightning spread across the sky, horizontal like a web.

I finally look to Callista's tent – always open.

Now, without a smirk or a scowl, I sprint – simply for my sanity and safety.

The rain starts to shoot like daggers from the sky, thick fat drops – they splash across my nose and forehead and lips, just as I make it through the entry.

Thunder shakes and rumbles through the ground, and I breathe uneasy – but I am relieved I am protected from the sky inside this large Shaman temple.

It is designed to protect the Magus.

The Magus Callista.

And... his brother.

Orsunr is off to the side, fucking a woman in mountains of fur and hide on the floor.

In the middle of the tent, Callista is lying on his back – resting between a circle of pillows, upon a woven rug of reeds.

A female kneels at his giant side, her hand sliding over his shaft and her mouth sucking the head of his manhood.

Callista had been relaxing, hands behind his head, but he has certainly noticed my rushed entry into his space as well.

However, my feet have not stopped moving since I came in.

I pick up a small wood carving knife from a working stump, and I walk up behind the woman sucking on Callista's cock.

I grab her hair and wrench her back. My raised arm swings downward, as I stab her through the eye – right back into the brain, killing her instantly.

I throw her aside and look at Callista for only a second.

I turn around and throw the weapon away, as I walk around his tent, inspecting every inch.