Chapter ✺ 11

The Sun is beautiful above my head.

Callista is celebrating his new Morgan by treating me to special attention. He has called upon the Tribe to treat me with a welcome I won't forget. So I lay on a reed mat, under the morning sun, as I am painted by all the Tribe in markings with fine brushes. I lie comfortably naked so my whole body is a canvas. I am truly honoured to be accepted in this way.

After a very rough introduction into the Sovrex Tribe, now I feel one with them. I could feel the respect now, after they had witnessed I was worthy of their Magus through my strength and magic portrayed in the Rites.

Even I was a little impressed with myself – because I had overcome my fear of lightning too!

"The Sun chose you to be mine," Callista's voice travels over my head, "How her rays shine down on you," he says it like light has never touched me before. Regardless, I smirk a little and I open my eyes. From where I lie, all the paint brushes retreat as Callista comes close.

He is standing over my head now – and I can see his balls and cock underneath his own slip.

Of course he is letting me have a peak.

I fight back a laugh, as he holds a stem in his hand. Is he holding a flower?

Kneeling down over my head, Callista threads the yellow flower through my hair.

"That's enough," Callista tells my painters, as they wait for his command. They scurry off, and he looks down into my eyes, "You can see the art now."

I sit up immediately, and he needlessly helps me with a strong hand behind my head. Just an excuse to touch his Morgan. It's unneeded, but the gentle protective hand has strange feelings igniting in my heart. Appreciation? L-love – ?

I now witness the art of Sovrex.

My eyes pop. So much colour. Every inch of my skin is painted in the most beautiful intricate lines I've ever seen.

"Choose what you want to be permanent, and I will Inck you myself," Callista whispers by my ear.

"All of it?" I ask boldly.

Callista chuckles "No, only one design, woman. It hurts to be marked – you will be cut – but I promise it will be something you do not regret. Choose your favourite design. It will be permanent... so choose carefully," he waits patiently as I now observe my options.

I didn't know this is what I was going to be doing today, but I wasn't complaining.

Some of the art is warrior and hunter focused. Weapons. The hunt. The traps.

Some markings are related to the forest, trees, flowers, herbs.

I see the Sun painted many times over.

I have a choice of birds – any kind I want.

But one design sticks out the most.

"I choose," I whisper, "The skull," my finger points to the skull on my thigh, "It's terrifying. I love it. A warrior deals in bones –"

"Are you sure?" Callista asks me, amused.

"Of course I'm sure," I laugh out loud, looking over my shoulder, now I take in the Magus' Inked chest and neck. I gulp in excitement as I look up to his eyes. He nods, accepting my choice.

"Orsunr!" Callista calls out, "Come hold her still for me," then he looks back at me, "...let's go to the river, Yehseeka."

I watch Orsunr waltz over from around a hut, a friend takes his spear while he approaches us, and Callista shuffles around a satchel filled with long bone needles. I see them and they look formidable. I focus on Orsunr instead of the process soon to follow.