Chapter 1

6 PM at the Sunken Garden

You have to give your answer, or else...

Mina sighed for the nth time today as she read the text message she received from Chaeyoung. She's not even sure how the evil maknae got her mobile number.

It is their lunch break but she has lost her appetite and barely touched her food. Momo on the other hand took advantage of the situation and grabbed a piece of Mina's dakgangjeong (sweet crispy Korean fried chicken.)

"Momo-yah!" Sana scolded across the table but Momo continued eating as if she did not hear her.

"You can have it. I'm not hungry." Mina said pushing her plate to Momo.

Momo happily accepted the food and eats happily.

Sana shakes her head at their gluttonous friend, "So, what is your plan now?" She turns to the agitated Mina sitting beside her.

"I guess I'll just agree with her condition." Mina sighs again. "That's the only way to shut her up." Her gaze turned to Chaeyoung's table which is not that far from them. She is throwing some popcorn to the other tables mindlessly aiming at the other students who can't do anything about it. Tzuyu and Dahyun on the other hand are both busy doing their own thing; Tzuyu checking out hilarious videos of cute dogs and Dahyun reading "How To Kill a Mocking Bird."

"That little brat!" Sana slams her fist on the table and regrets it afterward as it stings. She massages her fist pretending that it doesn't hurt. "I'm going to teach her some lesson." She continues, "How dare she blackmail you like that!"

"What lesson are you going to teach her?" Momo interrupted after finishing Mina's food. "Math? Science? English?"

"Stupid Momo. Not that lesson." Sana retorted.

"You said lesson. You're the stupid one." Momo countered. "That's why I asked."

"But I didn't say I'm going to teach her some subjects. Math, Science, and English are subjects."

Momo gasps realizing Sana has a point and decides not to object anymore.

Mina could only facepalm feeling embarrassed with her two best friends' nonsensical argument. She massages her temple as the two crackheads are not helping at all. They are causing her a headache instead.

"Anyway, as I was saying, I'm going to whip her cute little ass." Sana resumes after her little argument with Momo. "I'm going to give her some spanking." She stands up and demonstrates while spanking an imaginary plump ass.

"Me too. I'm going to beat the shit out of her. I'll borrow my grandfather's katana and slit her throat." Momo joins in getting a bit overboard which is evidence that Hirais are connected to Yakuza.

"Oh, God. Why am I friends with these two lunkheads?" Mina covers her face with her dainty hands. She stands up, picks up her bag, and walks away from the two.

"Mitang, wait!" Sana called out which made Chaeyoung turn her head to the three Japanese.

Mina and Chaeyoung's eyes met as the former walked past the evil maknaes' table. Chaeyoung smirks at her playfully. Mina looks away immediately.

Tzuyu didn't miss it and wonders what's going on between Chaeyoung and Mina. The little brat doesn't pay attention to others but today, she witnessed how Chaeyoung kept on glancing at Mina from time to time. She knows Chaeyoung very well and she's sure her friend is up to something.

Tzuyu is 100% confident that she will know about it even without asking her friend. She's easy to read.

"Such a cutie." Dahyun suddenly commented without even realizing that she blurted it out. Her eyes still looking at the disappearing figures of the three Japanese girls who just walked out of the cafeteria. Good thing it was only Tzuyu who heard her as Chaeyoung is busy thinking about Mina being her slave.