Chapter 2

Chaeyoung

"Faster! You have to at least finish half of the field. You have until 5 PM today." Jihyo unnie commanded; both hands on her hips like a mother yelling at her kids to do some chores. I reluctantly picked up another empty plastic bottle and tossed it inside the garbage bag.

Never in my whole life, I have imagined myself doing this; picking up trashes in a soccer field. Damn those students who keep on littering everywhere. The trashes are not that much but they are scattered in this spacious field. Imagine the distance that I have to walk just to pick up another piece of junk.

So, this is how it feels to have a job like this. I suddenly felt bad for those employees dealing with such work. I felt guilty as I, myself, also is one of those students who throw garbage here and there.

"Maybe I should stop littering so it won't be that hard for the cleaners," I mumbled to myself.

"Then those cleaners would be jobless." Dahyun suddenly commented. I didn't notice that she's standing beside me. "If all of the students stop throwing trashes, those cleaners will lose their job." She continued pointing out to the cleaners who are sitting on the bleachers watching us. Jihyo unnie told them to rest for now as we'll be taking over the cleaning for now as a punishment for what happened yesterday.

What Dahyun said may sound ridiculous but it's kinda true. Well, I think littering is still fine as long as it's not too much. I don't want them to lose their job. Wait, why am I even worrying about them? Geez. I should be worrying about how to get out of this situation. I looked at Tzuyu who's sitting prettily on the bleachers watching us while eating bread. She's sure enjoying the scene. I just shook my head as I don't think she's here to help; she's here to watch me suffer. It's a good thing Dahyun is here to help me. I turned to my side to face my friend but she's no longer beside me.

I heard her laughing with the Shiba and that ferocious Momo. What a traitor! Why is she even nice to those two after what they did to me? Is this the reason why she's here? If it wasn't for those two nosy Japanese friends of that penguin, I wouldn't be in this situation, yet there she is, enjoying herself and flirting with those two. Damn Dubu!

I stomped my foot in annoyance and continued picking up trashes when I heard that familiar soft voice a few meters away from me.

"Thank you," Mina said shyly as two guy students approached and offered to help. If I know, they just want to ask her out. I couldn't blame them though. She really is beautiful and the way she moves is full of grace. I don't really pay much attention to others except my friends but this Myoui Mina is no ordinary. There's something about her that makes me more curious that I want to know her more.

Our eyes met when she turned to me but she looked away instantly then picked up an empty soda can elegantly. What the hell? How can someone still look so elegant by just picking up trashes? No wonder why she's quite popular with guys and even girls in this school; her whole being screams elegance.

"She would melt any moment now." I was startled by that familiar voice.

"I can't blame you. Myoui Mina is 10/10. You got a good taste." Rose put her arm around my shoulder, her eyes fixed on Mina.

"Chaeyoung is not like you. She's as straight as a pole." Jisoo unnie butted in. "Right, Chaeyoungie?" She winked at me as she knew that I've been crushing on Bogum oppa since grade school. She accidentally discovered it when she caught me staring at his photo saved on my phone. Only a few of my close friends know about it; Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Jisoo unnie.

"Hmm... We'll see about that." Rose said still eyeing Mina almost drooling. "It must be nice to have a girlfriend like her. Look at that angelic face and perfect body. Well, her boobies are not that big but still a jackpot."