[ Chapter 10: Devoted Soul ]

Amateur Author: *decided to write this story for fun but didn't expect it to get THAT MANY views....* Where did you all come from? *is scared*
-----------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

"HOW IS THIS WRONG?!" my body jolted in freight at Baji's sudden outburst.

Still stuck on the same question?

"I've already explained enough, you're on your own" replied Chifuyu who was scribbling down notes in his notebook. I felt sorry for Baji-kun but there are times where we have to leave him so he can solve the maths problems himself. As for me, I am busy drinking my favourite juice and watching these two finish off with their homework here in Chifuyu's place. How I got dragged into this? I too don't know.

"Are you just going to sit there and watch us like a scavenger?" groaned Baji "I told you twos that I'm already done with my homework, yet you dragged me here" I coldly replied, still drinking my juice. The first division captain tched in annoyance before he went back on solving the problem. I scanned his working out and saw an error "Re-check your working out" I spoke.

He looked at me and back down at the sheet. His expression changed after figuring out the mistake "Congrats" I monotonously said after he wrote down the correct answer. Chifuyu then shoved his grammar work to my face "Please re-check my homework" he asked softly as though he was embarrassed to ask. I sighed and took a look at his grammars "Yep, they're all good. Good job" I smiled, patting his shoulder.

We looked over to Baji who was frowning over the papers. I swear, he looked like as if he was about to burn them into bits; even though he was wearing his glasses and his hair untied. I saw how long his hair was and sat behind him. Definitely what the expectation should look like from those shampoo commercial ads!
"What are you doing?" he asked, unbothered that his hair is being touched. "Braiding" "Why?" he asked again, still solving the other problems "Cause your hair is long and is so attractive" I replied.

Damn, his hair is silky, soft and smooth.....JUST WHAT TYPE OF SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ARE YOU USING?!

"Hey Baji?" "Hm?" My fingers twirled around the tips of his hair "What kind of conditioner and shampoo are you using?" It took him a while to answer for he was too busy "The normal one" I deadpanned at his response.

You know what? It's not gonna work

After braiding his hair, I removed the braids again. "(Y/n)-chan" I looked over to Chifuyu "Yes?" "Do you have any siblings?" he asked. I gave a soft smile as blurry visions slowly replayed in my head "A big brother, he was eighteen years older than me" "Was?" repeated Chifuyu; that caught Baji's attention. "He passed away when I was 10.....murdered"

There was a moment of silence before Chifuyu spoke "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked" "It's alright, there's no harm in asking" I smiled "You have the same surname as Takamichi, is it because your dads are brothers?" It was now Baji's turn to ask questions. "Nope, I decided to take Michi's surname as soon I moved into their place. My parents are currently in Kyoto, they are there because of work. I missed Tokyo so I came back. How Takamichi and I are related is because my mum and his mum are sisters." After explaining that to the boys, Baji went back to solving the questions and Chifuyu gave a bright smile. "Then you both must've got your mother's eyes, yours and his are both blue but your eyes are a bit brighter and luminous" he said.

I chuckled "Yep, you're right" just then there was a knock at the door. Chifuyu stood up and checked who it was. I got Baji's hairband  and tied his hair up into a messy bun.

"Dude, didn't you say you dyed your hair green? How'd the dye come off?" asked Chifuyu. "I scrubbed the life out of the roots of my hair! Haha, just kidding, it wasn't a permanent dye" replied another voice. "Idiot" "Hehe, anyways, who are you with?" as they were both approaching towards the living room, I couldn't help but stare at the hallway to see if that's the person who I think it is.

"I'm here with Baji-san and-" "(Y/n)-chan..." my eyes trailed at the familiar figure before me. A scar beneath his right eye, orbs green as an emerald gem, hair as golden as the shining sun and a face that can be intimidating the more you look at him. "It's been a while Mikage-kun" I close eyed smile. Chifuyu looked at the both of us and Baji looked up, just staring at Mikage.

"You two know eachother?" asked Chifuyu. "Yeah....." he replied. I stood up and walked towards him "Let's have a small chat" I said before walking passed them and to the front door.

Mikage's POV:

We ended up going to the carpark. She was a few meters ahead; her back facing against me "It's good to see that you're doing well, Kage" she said, turning around with a smile of relief. My heart dropped. Either I am happy that I got to see her smile once again or the pain that still lingers.
"Thanks and likewise with you Ouji-sama " She shook her head "I don't live up with that name anymore, ever since our gang disbanded" she replied with a hint of sadness. There was a moment of silence before she continued on.

"I see that you've joined Toman" "I can leave if you-" "There's no need; you aren't under me so you should listen to whatever-" I immediately cut her off, my face scrunched up knowing what she'll say next "I already devoted my life to you as soon you were chosen as our commander and King. Even though the gang is scattered, I Mikage Suke, will forever be by your side and will listen to your commands (Y/n) Descartes "