Prologue

Shouta knows exactly why he has to be here, but that doesn't stop him from wishing he wasn't.

Aizawa Shouta, known as "Eraserhead" due to a nickname carried on from his highschool days, was searching through files on a Sunday. When he could be doing literally anything else. Preferably sleeping...

"Hmm." He opened the first file.

Monday would be the first day of school for up-incoming high schoolers, and that means more work for Shouta. He skimmed through the names, it didn't matter anyway, most would be expelled soon enough.

Shouta worked at UA "high school." He never wanted to be a teacher, but hey, it was between this or the middle school. Now that Shouta was thinking about it, he wasn't really sure UA was any better than a trashy middle school. The age range for UA was about 14-21. 18 year olds and above are permitted to work of course, but sometimes that can complicate things. The campus is huge, more similar to a college than a high school. No wonder it was one of the most prestigious schools in Japan.

UA was one of the top schools geared towards general learning.

Well, that's what was advertised anyway. No one can deny that the school favors the students in the fighting/defense course. UA WAS partially funded by "The Commision."

Yes, Shouta knows that's a vaguely ominous name for a company.

Work that includes fighting, or any other form of physical activity has been becoming popular in the past couple decades, and there is a need for people like that especially now.

Recently, the amount of vigilantes, crime syndicates, and violence has risen sharply. The cause of this mainly due to the technological advancements made, and the innermost corruption that the regular public was kept unaware of.

Shouta's job as a teacher would usually mean that he had nothing to do with that sort of thing, but he worked at UA where most teachers had some sort of fighting experience. His eyes drifted back to the names listed on the papers.

Bakugou Katsuki...

Top scores all around, no wonder he got in.

Kaminari Denki...

Unusually high score on English, below average on every other subject, but passed the physical.

Kirishima Eijirou...

Fairly average score, did great on the physical though.

Midoriya Izuku...

High scores on the written exam, especially on analysis, but very risky on the field.

Todoroki Shouto...

Got in through recommendations, unusually high scores on the practical and the written test.

Todoroki?

Shouta paused. This must be the fourth Todoroki child. If he wasn't a teacher at UA, he didn't think that he would know that Shouto wasn't an only child. He taught all of the other siblings, and the oldest is on his way to graduation.

He remembers teaching Touya first. For the first couple of years when Shouta was his homeroom teacher, he mainly stayed out of the spotlight, hanging out near the back. He didn't seem to socialize much, but Shouta tried to help him as much as he could.

It was strange enough that Shouta didn't even know Enji Todoroki had a child, despite being coworkers with him. As he grew older, Shouta saw him less, but at least he had some sort of connections within the class.