Inbetween

"Stop following me."

"I'm not following you. We're literally in line."

"Defense students have a different cafeteria."

"Nooooo who told you that!?"

____

"Hey, did you ever want to be in my course?"

"In your dreams."

"Actually though."

"That conversation is not suited for 10 AM."

____

"Your last name is Todoroki?"

"yOuR lAsT nAmE iS tAkAmi?"

"Hey, it's cool. Not going to ask you about your dad or whatever."

"You JUST figured my last name out? It's been 6 months and I already told you my first name."

____

Touya and Takami grew closer as the months passed by.

At first, Touya was unreceptive to everything Keigo did, but he warmed up to him the more time they spent together. They never talked about their pasts though.

Eventually, months changed to a year.

They both didn't know how much time they actually spent together, and neither did anyone else apparently. It was true that they somehow never talked to each other during class time, but found each other when school was over or at lunch. Perhaps it was because even though classmates originally put attention on Touya for being a Todoroki, once finding out his personality and him not being in the defense course, everyone eventually lost interest.

Hawks was well-liked, but he hung around Touya fairly often near the general course. Even later when Touya was transferred, no one picked up on their friendship. (If you could even call it that.)

"I'll see you next year Touya!"

"Yea, see you... Keigo."

Neither of them wanted to go back to their homes.

Touya didn't want to even see his father and Keigo only had empty Commission hallways as his home.

____

"Does he hate you, Touya?"

"... maybe Natsu. I don't know what's running through that head of his."

"I want you to stop hurting."

"I know Natsu."

____

"Your speed is increasing, Hawks. This doesn't mean you can slack off with precision. We will be monitoring your progress even in school. Don't forget."

"Yes sir. I Understand."

____