V

Sitting on the couch in Buckys apartment, I start to nervously sip on my coffee.

I tap my fingers on the side of the mug as the door closes and Steve walks into the room. He sits down next to me, in silence, and I place my cup on the coffee table as I speak quietly, looking away from him

"Why?" I ask, barely above a whisper as I fear that my voice will crack if I say it any louder.

"I.. I don't know. It feels like I have been going to register into the army for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't have gone if I knew that I was going to be excepted-"

"Don't" I start as I glance at him and then i look back at my hands "Don't lie to me, Steve. I know that you would have always gone into the army if you could, I guess that's something that I admire about you. You never give up" I say

"Cassy, when I go, I agreed to have some tests run on me." He tells me and I nod, slowly as I look at him.

"W.. What type of tests?" I ask, hesitantly

"Muscle growth tests" He says

"Steve" I look him straight in the eyes "if this is what you want then I will support you, but I want you to know that- "

"Rebecca's just gone to bed, said that she needed to get an early night" Bucky says as he walks into the room and then stops as he sees us sitting next to each other on the couch "I interrupted something didn't I?" He says as he grabs a carton of orange juice and he walks backwards out of the room "I wasn't even here"

I chuckle as I see him disappear behind a wall, but my laughter dies off as I look at Steve.

"Steve, I want to be there when it happens." I say as i reach out and I hold his hand

"Of cause, Bucky will be already on a mission, but you can come, if you would like to" He says and I smile as I lean over and I hug him

"I'm going to bed, you should get some sleep, big day tommorow, this is the last day before you're big" I say as i walk off to my room in Buckys apartment.

**********

The next day, I wake up and I start preparing breakfast for the others. I make eggs and sausages.

I smile as I see Rebecca rounding the corner and entering the kitchen.

"All ready for school?" I ask as she sit down at the table and I pass her a plate.

She sighs as she begins to eat "Do I really have to go?" She complains "Bucky only just left, last night, and now I have to go to school?"

I place a glass of orange juice in front of her.

"Your brother would have wanted you to go to your final week at high-school, Becca" I say and she tosses her falk down, clearly angry.

"Over the past month you've been treating me like you're my Mother, Cassy, stop telling me what I can and can't do!" She shouts and I stand back a little shocked.

I know that she is right, but it still hurts.

"Cassy, I'm sorry I didnt-" She says as I turn my back to her as I start cleaning up dishes

"No, Becca, you are right you're nearly an adult, you should be able to make your own choices, I'm sorry" I say as i dry a plate and I try to not show how much it hurt.

"Cassy?" I hear her say as I realise that she has moved to stand next to me. "I didnt hurt you that much did I?" She says and I shake my head quickly and we both go and walk back to the table and we sit down.

"I want to tell you something, but before I tell you, just know that you can't tell anyone" I say and she nods, quickly. I swallow "I think that I like Steve" I say and she smiles