VI

Taking a deep breath, i watch as they inject Steve with a liquid, close to his neck. I watch them talk and i see Steve turning pail. I stand up, as i walk closer to the railing and i look down at him as they close the tube with him inside.

"10%, 20%, 30%... Going up to 70%" Mr Stark says.

Suddenly, Steve shouts in pain and i rush out the doors of the viewing area.

"STEVE?!" I shout panicked

"Shut it down!" Peggy shouts as his screams intensify.

"NO! I CAN DO THIS!" He shouts back and i sigh as i place my head in my hands.

They look at me for confirmation and i nod, if this is what Steve wants to do, then he should be able to do it.

"You saw his lady!" The doctor shouts as Stark bumps the power up to 100%

Suddenly, the power goes off and the tube stops glowing.

the tube opens and i smile as Steve is helped down by the doctor.

"Steve?!" I say as i run down the stairs and i see him trying to catch his breath.

I smile at him as he hugs me

"How'd you feel?" I ask why i'm hugging him and he pulls back to answer

"Taller" He says and i laugh as he smiles.

"Steve... i need to tell you something" I say as i hesitate, using all the adrenaline I'm feeling after almost witnessing his death to fuel me as he looks back concerned "It's nothing bad, but now is not the place. Tonight?" I ask and he nods as he gets pulled away to have pictures with other people and i smile.

Suddenly, the glass above us, in the viewing area gets shattered as a bomb goes off.

"STOP HIM!" The doctor yells as a guy grabs the last bottle of super soldier serum and he begins to run off and he shoots two shots at the doctor.

I watch as he falls to the floor and Steve rushes to his side. I run over to them from across the room just as the doctor goes limp and i gasp at the dead corps in front of me. I can tell Steve is angry as he gets up to run after the guy, but i hold his now rather muscular arm. I can tell he's about to run off, I can't let him disappear after I just witnessed him almost die in front of me. Not without telling him how much he means to me. He looks at me and i use all the confidence in me to kiss him. It's a brief, but loving kiss as I don't allow myself to think about what I'm doing until I pull away.

"Go, i'll stay here and help the others" I say and he nods as he smiles and runs off.

I take a moment to touch my lips as I realise I kissed Steve. I actually Kissed him.

"MEDICAL!" I shout as a group of medical staff rush in and take the doctors body off into a different room.

I get up to rush out the door, when a hand on my shoulder stops me.

"Peggy?" I ask

She looks at me, silently for a second before she sighs and hands me her gun "You know how to shoot?" She asks and i nod, knowing that those lessons in the shooting range would come in handy one day. "Go give them hell" She says and i nod as i run out the building to go and help Steve.

I stand outside, on the street and i see a car speeding off in the distance, clearly with the guy in.

I aim the gun and i manage to shoot the driver in the back of the head.

The other guy rushes out the car and i shoot the last of my bullets, some hitting him in the arm, and then i watch as Steve chases them. Steve's got it from here, he knows what to do. Glancing down at my watch i curse loudly as i hail a taxi from the side of the road.

**********

Pulling up outside the school, i see Rebecca sitting, waiting for me.

"Becca, i'm so sorry i'm late!" I shout as she walks over to me "I'm such a mess, i'm so sorry, i'm such a bad fri-"

"Sister" She says, cutting me off

"W..what?" I breath out

"Sister, you're such a bad sister" She says as she laughs and walks over to me and hugs me. "Now where have you been?!" She asks as we begin our walk home, abandoning the idea of a taxi as we just spend the time in each other's company.

"Steve" I say and she smiles

"Did it go well?" She asks

"Not exactly" I say honestly as we pass many shops and people walking down the cobbled streets. "But don't worry, he'll be fine" I say and she nods as she places her arm around me "I..i used a gun and i shot a guy" I say all of a sudden and its silent

"That's my badass sister" Becca says and i laugh.

"Not exactly how i would describe myself, but ok" I say, laughing as i mess up her hair.

She screams as she smiles and then she steers us down a street

"Wait, this isn't the way home" I say as i look at her, confused

"No, but this is the way to the doctors" She says and i raise an eyebrow "You didn't forget did you?" she asks

"Umm... noooo" I say and she sighs as we see the doctors come into view

"We're going to get you a fertility test, remember" She says and i swallow as we stop walking, just outside the building

"Rebecca, i'm not sure-"

She takes my hands in hers

"You need to know" She says and i open my mouth to say i don't when she says "Steve needs to know"

I sigh as i walk in the building after her.

"It's a good job i love you" I say to her

"And i love you too, weirdo. Who, by the way, was caught on camera kissing a certain Super soldier" She says and my eyes go wide

"Wait, what?!"

She reaches over, to a stack of news papers on the receptionists desk and i see a picture of Steve and i on the front page.

"Super Soldier has a Special Sweetheart" she reads out loud and i go bright red as the receptionist looks at me, weirdly.

"Rebecca!" i scold her as she laughs besides me and i say my name to the receptionist who looks anything but impressed