Torn Strings, Deaf Smiles

In which two unfortunate souls meet, connected by the string of music

In which two unfortunate souls meet, connected by the string of music. The meeting of the two adorable dorks, in a special atmosphere.

*****

Sound.

Sound is something I've never heard in my entire life.

Actually I've never heard anything.

I'm deaf from birth, I've seen my father talking to my mother often, but when he was angry while talking; I knew he was talking about me......

My parents loved me a lot, both of them, only mother showed her love and affection toward me, father didn't. But I know he loved me, and he still does; I think he just doesn't knows how to show it......

My father is a famous fashion designer, the one and only Gabriel Agreste. The biggest name in the fashion industry. And me, despite my disability; I'm his companies main model. After my mother's death, my father didn't went to public very much. I am homeschooled, by special teachers who taught me to understand words by lip movements, known as lip read , that's why manage to understand what people are telling me. I don't really complain about my life, but sometimes, I think I should get a bit more freedom, just a bit more........

I occasionally get to go out, too. As a representative of father's company mostly. Because he's always too "busy" to attend such occasions. And thus; here I am, sitting in the front row of the huge auditorium, as one of the chief guests of today's concert, which is promoting some new instrumental talents......

I don't even know what father was thinking while sending me to such a place!

I just sat down there, not knowing what is going on. It actually is frustrating not knowing what to do. I was sure that they were probably announcing participant's names, I heard that the best talent here, will get some sort of scholarship or something to study further about music. I didn't really cared. I couldn't hear anything, so what's the point!
I have to act normal because father does not wants the world to know about my disability. His status is a lot more import than me.......

Adrien, my boy, never underestimate yourself, you may be different, but you're special. And don't think nobody loves you, I love you! And one day, you'll find someone who will love you for who you are.

I remember mom saying to those words to me, at least I think so that's what she said, but I don't know who else, will love me for me except her! I mean who will want to love a person who can't hear them. I sighed and looked at the stage. Usually staring there was boring, not understanding what kind of music is being played and just look at the person moving. Indeed, boring.

But what I saw, caught my eye. A girl with jet black hair entered the stage, her hair shining blue for the lighting. She had bluebell eyes, which shone like stars in night sky. She wore a simple red dress that reached up to her toes and there were small black polka dots on the dress. She almost reminded me of a Ladybug.