Broken memories

Adrien Agreste never thought that one day, he'd have to retrieve his memories from the past to explain them to his daughter

Adrien Agreste never thought that one day, he'd have to retrieve his memories from the past to explain them to his daughter. But some extraordinary turn of events forced him to. And here we are, trying to put it in words...

*****

A peaceful household. 

That's exactly, what'd come to your mind, once you lay your eyes in the living room of the huge house. Soft, cackling sound of burning wood in the fireplace was filling the room, and was also, engulfing it, into a warm embrace. It was pouring hard. outside. and you could sense the thunder claps, mostly known as, "coup de foudre"among local people. 

A kettle that was on the stove whistled loudly, indicating that the water is boiling. Everything was quiet, warm, and homely. 

The wooden door of the room opened a little bit, obviously because of additional forces from the other side. A girl, who seemed to be in her early teens peeked from the little gap of the door. and fixed her gaze on the kettle. She had blonde hair, with natural wavy curls, and had beautiful bluebell eyes. She tiptoed inside of the room. and tried to reach the kettle, as quietly as possible. But her bad luck didn't let her do so. and the girl tripped over a roll of thread that was lying on the floor instead of her sewing kit.

 "Way to be quiet'', the girl muttered under her breath, while standing up and brushing herself off. She picked up the thread roll and inspected the thing properly before pocketing it. And that's when she heard an all too - familiar footstep, coming downstairs. 

She looked at the staircase,expecting to see which she did. a more familiar face, A man with blonde hair that was similar to the girl's, and grass green eyes, descended from the stairs. He looked at the girl worriedly, before standing right in front of her, with his. arms folded on top of his chest. The girl looked anywhere but at his eyes. 

"I-I just wanted to turn off the stove," she mumbled, "the water is warm already. 

"What did I tell you about going near the fire?" The man spoke in a stern, yet concerned voice. 

"I'm sorry," the girl said in an inaudible voice. 

The man kneeled down infront of her, and placed his hands on her shoulders.

" Emma, I just want you to be safe, he paused a bit before continuing," I can't bear to lose you, like I lost her".

 The last words didn't reached the girl, as they were spoken in a really low voice. 

"I won't do it again"; she spoke softly, still looking at her feet, as if she was guessing the amount of cells that created her nails. The man smiled at this. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, which reminded him of some old days, and stood up.

 "Now now, would you look at the time?" he asked while looking at the wall clock, which was a very special and prized possession of his; it was related to her after all.