Why?

Gabriel's POV

As Adrien was at a photo shoot, Gabriel sat in his office thinking of the words Nathalie had said. Gabriel was making some designs for his fashion line.  As he was looking at the designs he came up with so far there was a knock on the door.  "Come in." He said.  Said person opened the door.  "Sir Adrien is on his way to school, I made sure to tell him he has a photo shoot after school."

"Thank you Nathalie. If that is all you may leave." He spoke.  She nodded her had, and as she was about to leave she stopped. Gabriel, hearing the sound of her shoes stop clacking against the marble floor, he looked up raising an eyebrow.

Before speaking she cleared her throat "Sir you've been akumatized people for 2 years.  As much as I want Emilie back as well.... don't you think you should tell Adrien? He deserves to know. He's a sophomore in highschool if he were to find out about it later....it could worsen your relationship with him." He looked at her eyes wide and gave her a nod. With that she left.
———————

He had been staring helplessly at the designs wondering if he should tell him or not. 'He would understand right?'  'Understand why I did all of this.'  'I'm only doing what's best for the both of us...getting Emile back.' He decided to follow Nathalies advice, he would tell him first thing as he finished his photo shoot.

It was now around noon, and Adrien would be coming back.  As he saw the limo come through the gates from his office window he left his office and went to the entrance, the main room.
————————
Adriens POV

"Thank you Gorilla."  Adrien said as he closed the doors to enter the house. School was tiring but what made it worse was he had to do a photo shoot. It was supposedly another fragrance shoot. He had his face plastered everywhere in Paris but now they had to add it onto more beauty products?!

That's not just for women but men to. The only thing he could hope is his face to not be on clothing. He sighed as he opened the doors, he didn't expect his father to be at the bottom of the stairs, usually it would be Nathalie to greet him.

"Hello father."

"Adrien... there's something I need to tell you." His father said as he walked closer to him.  Adrien just nodded. 'Did he miss his Chinese lesson again?' 'Another photo shoot maybe?' 'Fencing couldn't be it... could it?'

As he was wondering what his father wanted to talk to him about Gabriel cleared his throat. "Adrien as all of Paris knows there's a supposed 'villain' here named HawkMoth...... I'm him....I'm HawkMoth."
Adrien stood there eyes wide. He took a couple steps away from him "I- I- why? Why are you him?"

"Adrien you need to understand why I'm doing this.." he began.

"Then explain....explain why you've been doing this for two years.... explain what so important about getting the miraculous....tell me why you chose to do this in the first place."Adrien responded back on the brink of tears voice filled with anger. Gabriel stood there, he thought of how Adrien react but he never thought anger would've been one of them. "Explain!" Adrien once again repeated.

"I did this for us Adrien. So we could be a family again."

"We?" He questioned.

"Yes, I did it to bring back your mother, so we could be happy again." He spoke. He made it sound as if they could be a family again.