4

It was time to try something complicated. Loki didn't know whether his (annoyingly limited) telepathy powers extended to what he was going to attempt, but it was worth a shot because things were bad here.

Would casting his thoughts across so much space even work? Reading the mind of someone a few miles away might be laughably easy, but projecting a vision and a warning into a mortal's head all the way in Midgard from this place was completely different and might even be too much for Loki.

But still... these were completely different times at the moment. If Strange didn't already owe him two civilisation-threatening disasters, he wouldn't dream of actually asking him for help.

The problem with this spell was it had to be live, and if Strange was awake it wouldn't work, so he had to time it perfectly. If not his head might be overrun with thoughts and he might spontaneously combust, and Loki actually got on with Strange, so if that happened he might even feel bad about it. That and he'd have to find someone else to help.

Loki pulled a watch out his pocket he'd borrowed from Strange. Technically Strange didn't know he had it, but if he hadn't wanted Loki to take it, why would he have left the door to his room unlocked?

It read 2.05am, Midgard time. Loki had a limited understanding of Strange's personal timetable, but he assumed Strange would likely be asleep at this point.

He took a breath and closed his eyes. Then he began to work his magic.