X Marks The Skeleton

Usually, when someone felt pain, it'd be quite a negative experience. But when the physical manifestaion of negativity sensed someone else in pain, he couldn't help but enjoy himself a bit (unless it was one of his gang - but shhhh no one needed to know that).

But guilt. Now there was a feeling that really gave Nightmare power. Guilt could be used to turn someone against anyone - especially themselves. Guilt could be used to create a false sense of companionship. Guilt made people weak.

As Nightmare thought all this sitting at the kitchen table, his tentacles were probably flitting back and fourth in excited anticipation. It wasn't very subtle, yet Nightmare was still surprised to hear:

"Something up, boss?"

Rive, the newest member of the Bad Sanses, had an uncanny sense of empathy; probably from playing host to a couple extra souls.

"Hm... I think I'm going to pay someone a visit."

Now Killer, ever the curious one, piped up and asked, "Ooh are you going to tell us who?"

"No."

Axe and Dust snickered as Killer pouted like a small child. Nightmare was never very good at being polite.

Reaching out with his magic, Nightmare let himself be dragged towards this heartbroken soul. He expected to see an AU in ruins - but it couldn't have been Error. For some reason, he and Ink were on a shaky sort-of truce.

Tsk. That wouldn't last long.

Nightmare blinked his singular eyelight as he adjusted to the blinding white of an empty AU... Definitely not what he was expecting then. But in an empty universe, who could be left to feel such sorrow?

For a minute Nightmare thought he must've got the wrong place, as there didn't seem to be anyone about, but then he heard a sound like water splashing on the floor. Not trusting his eyelight as much as he used to, Nightmare decided it would be worth it to follow the sound.
_______________________________________

It's been eight weeks, Cross. He's not coming back.

He might.

You're so pathetic! You're even crying... Ugh, why'd I get stuck with the wimpiest monster in the entire AU?

Chara's ghostly form crossed his arms and turned away impatiently.

Cross was pathetic, he knew it really, but sometimes it felt nice to pretend he could be something better. Purple tears slowly rained onto the pure white 'floor', completely eradicating any sense of pride the skeleton had left. Cross hadn't cried like this in a long time. Not since he had stated visiting.

Wait. There's someone here...

Could it be him? No, it wasn't - He always arrived with a dramatic entrance of some kind. Cross spun around, and came face to face with some kind of goopy-tar-skeleton.

"Who are you?"

"Dear Cross, I am your saviour."

This guy sounds like a basta-

"What do you mean by that? How do you know me? Why are you here?"

The skeleton laughed. "So many questions! Did no one ever tell you not to look a gift horse in the mouth?"

Cross peered at the other skeleton(?) suspiciously until they sighed.

The goopy monster frowned, and looked as though he'd done this many times before, "I'll put this simply. My name is Nightmare, and I can help you get out of here, I can give you a home again."