Chapter 29

Elise’s POV

When we got back from the hospital Erin still felt a little weak from the pain killers. She got the baby checked out and it is okay but she needs to start going in regularly for a little while just to make sure it is growing correctly and that it is healthy. Her concussion should be fine with her medicine that she got prescribed. It took them a while to find medicine that was okay for her to take since she was pregnant. We got onto the bus where Austin and Alan were sat on the couch playing with MJ.

“Hey, are you alright? What did the doctors say?” Alan asked handing MJ to Austin and getting up so he could hug Erin. She pushed him away slightly.

“I’m fine… Just a minor concussion… I’ll be fine…” She said and kept walking back to the bunks. I could tell she was going to cry again. She was crying at the hospital too when she first found out about the baby. She’s scared Alan will leave her because of it, which is crazy because he obviously loves her and wants to be with her no matter what. I sat down next to Austin and petted MJ a little and Alan looked at me.

“What was that about?” He asked looking hurt. He was genuinely scared for her and then she just blows him off like nothing’s wrong. I shrug not knowing what to tell him. Erin has to tell him for herself. “Obviously something happened at the hospital that you aren’t telling me.” He said and crossed his arms.

“I’m going to let Erin tell you what she needs to tell you. This is her story to tell, not mine.” I said and went back to petting the kitten that Austin was still holding. Austin was obviously ignoring the conversation trying not to get involved. Alan let out an aggravated sigh and headed back to the bunk area after Erin.

“Is she really okay?” Austin asked with concern in his voice. I nodded my head and put my arms around him after he placed the kitten on the ground. He put his arms around me as well and sighed. “Alan was so scared tonight. He wanted to go to the hospital too… I don’t know… He was freaking out the entire time…” I let out a sigh and shook my head, dismissing the conversation.

“Everything will be fine… Erin just needs some time to figure out what’s going on…” I said not knowing how to explain without giving it away. Austin gave me a confused look and I shrugged. “Don’t worry about it. You’ll understand soon.” I said and rested my head on his shoulder. It was going to be a long night…