Chapter 3 (A Tough Decision)

Lila had been in the hospital for just under a week, the cops and social workers had been to check on her and get some information on what happened, Lila couldn't speak for long as she found herself hyperventilating everytime she had to think about what had happened.

The young girl hated hospitals, she thought from the start that she would be on her own like most times she went to the hospital, but no, this time was different. This time she had someone there by her bedside everyday without fail, they hadn't spoke due to the fact Lila had slept alot of time but she was still aware of the presence of the woman beside her.

After loads of sleep and plenty of fluids in her body Lila found herself wide awake in her hospital bed, she looked to her left and saw the woman that had been by her side non stop since she was found. The young girl looked at the woman's face, she was so beautiful, she had blonde hair and bluey green eyes.

Lila found herself staring at the woman for ages until the woman woke up and noticed Lila staring "your awake" the woman said instantly, Lila nodded her head and then decided to ask what had been puzzling her "were you the woman who saved me?". The woman smiled sweetly and answered "I was the woman yes, but the man who kept your mother away, well that was my partner, Chris, my names Melissa".

Lila smiled and replied back to the woman who had now introduced herself "I'm Lila, and thank you for saving me", Melissa placed her hand on the young girls lap and looked her in the eyes as she said "no need to thank me, I'm just glad your alright". Lila smiled and replied "thanks to you". The two of them chuckled for a moment.

After the two had a bit of a chat and got to know one and other Melissa excused herself and left the room, she took out her phone and not long after held it up to her ear "she's awake" she said and soon started having a conversation to whoever was on the other end of the call. After that, Melissa walked back into the room to sit beside Lila.

After about half an hour chyler and katie arrived at the door and smiled widely when they saw the young girl, "aww she's a beauty" katie said rather excited. Lila found herself a bit taken back and started to blush. Chyler giggled a little and told Katie to calm down. The two introduced themselves to Lila and then told melissa to go and see Chris.

Melissa then found herself walking offsite with her partner, the two had a long conversation about what to do, and then they finally stopped walking "if you want to do this, I will be with you every step of the way" Chris said to his girlfriend as he placed a kiss on her lips. Melissa smiled and kissed him back "thank you" she said.

The two then began walking back to the hospital to go and talk to Lila and see if she accepts there offer. When the two walk in, melissa can't help but smile when she sees her two friends bonding with the young girl. Melissa then looks at Lila and says "so Lila, this is Chris my partner". Lila looks up at the man and her smile widens and she says rather fast "oh, your the one who helped keep my mom away, thank you so much". Chris nods back with a smile.

Chyler and Katie then walk out leaving Chris and Melissa with the girl, "something wrong?" Lila asks with a worried expression on her face, Chris shakes his head and replies "nothing is wrong, we just have something we would like to talk to you about". Lila then looks confused for a moment.

Melissa then speaks out "so you will be released from here soon, and you will need somewhere to go", Lila then starts to panic as she thinks about the orphanage "I can't go back there, please no, don't make me go" Lila screams out in a panic. Melissa pulls the young girl closer and tries to calm her down.

After she calms the girl she then continues "you will need to go somewhere, and well" she hesitates for a moment "we would like to adopt you". Lila's eyes widen in shock as she heads those words, she never thought she would here them, she thought her whole life she would never have a mom or a dad, not one who loved her anyway.

Chris then asks awkwardly "so would you like that?", Lila looks at Chris and Melissa, she smiles widely and answers excitedly "yes, yes and yes". Then the trio hug which leaves Lila very confused to what's happening, she had never been hugged before, she decides to ignore it and just keeps quiet as the hug is being done.