Chapter 10 (Date Night)

2 months after 'the surprise' since that day Lila has had so much support with her musical gift, and her, Melissa and Chris have been a nice little family. Melissa has also managed to get a spot in supergirl where Lila can be singing in the background to the season 3 ending. Lila has been over the moon about the opportunity and is practicing at every chance she gets.

Lila is in her room jotting down some ideas for the song when Chris knocks at the bedroom door "come in" Lila says, Chris walks in and smiles "so you remember what today is don't you?" he asks, Lila stops what she is doing and nods her head excitedly "you and mom are going on a date, while I get to stay with aunt Katie". Chris nods and smiles at his daughter "OK well be ready by 6 as katie will be here to pick you up".

By 6 pm Lila is downstairs with her backpack on wearing a huge smile on her face, Melissa and Chris smile at there daughter "someone's excited" Melissa says, Lila replies back "of course mom, you and dad get to go on a date, and I get to have fun". KNOCK KNOCK, "I'll get it" Lila says in excitement and runs to the front door, as she opens it she is greeted by Katie "well hello there sweetheart, ready for an awesome night".

Katie walks over to Melissa and Chris and she gives Chris a wink which gets unnoticed by Mel but Lila spotted it, while Lila and Katie are in the car Lila decides to ask "so, why did you wink at dad for?". "You saw that?" katie says with a sigh, "come on, spill" Lila pleads, katie laughs and replies "no need too, I'm sure by tomorrow you will know all about it, your mom will be telling you".

20 minutes later Katie turns to Lila and asks "so, how about we go get some junk food, chill and watch a movie at mine in our pyjamas, and maybe I can throw in some candy?". Lila nods super fast and replies "sounds perfect", Katie laughs and says "alright then, how's Pizza?", Lila answers back instantly with a huge smile "yes yes and yes".

After they get the pizza, they sit in the car and chat between them as they make there way to Katie's house. Katie stops at a red light, "I love you aunt Katie" Lila says, Katie replies back "I love you too, my beautiful niece", the two share a brief hug which was a sweet moment but unfortunately was interrupted by a car horn, Lila turned her head slightly and she saw a pair of headlights shining there way and it was getting closer very fast. "Lila" Katie screams out, Seconds LATER, CRASH.