Chapter 1: Barbados

"Ok, so your next surf competition is in Barbados. You travel there and practice and when the competition starts, I expect you all to win at least first or second or third, got it the 4 of you in Team Shark?" the leader ordered.

Traver, Evan, Marco, and Buddy all nodded at Luke, the leader of the team.

At first, they were all stranger's meeting each other and working in the same team. But over time, their relationship grew and they all became the best of friends, supporting each others backs, telling all about what happened and their love life, family drama, and everything a person's profile could pick up.

"Ok, so team, let's go there tomorrow?"

"Sure." Buddy agreed.

"Same." Marco answered.

Evan just nodded.

Traver also said yes.

"Ok, meeting over." Luke announced as he got up from his chair.

"Aw, can't we do a boy's hangout?" Buddy whined childishly, fitting perfectly with his childish nature and his childish name.

Marco grinned, also a bit on the childish side.

"Ok, so what should we do though?" Evan asked seriously.

"Aw man, tomorrow after we go to Barbados we can swim, surf, relax, do anything at the beach!" Buddy exclaimed.

Luke shook his head with a chuckle. "Calm down, we're not even there yet and you're already getting excited."

Traver didn't say anything throughout the whole conversation they were having though. He didn't even hear a single word they said.

He was thinking about the conversation he had with his father earlier.

"Son, before you were an all world surfer, I was, and before me, your grandfather. We got to keep this thing up for the Safe's. Hurry up and get married and get a boy baby. We will train him with our skills just like how me and grandfather trained you." Those were the words his father told him. 

But, first of all, he didn't have a girlfriend, and he didn't want an arranged marriage that his dad  arranged for him. So there was only one thing for him to do. Make a girl marry him. Sounds so easy, right? But he didn't want to rush into marriage. He wanted to date someone he truly liked. 

 But little did he expect his actions to be otherwise. 

"Traver? Traver?" he suddenly heard when he was done thinking. "Whatcha thinking about?"

He zoned off again.

Buddy and Marco then whispered something into each other's ears and then went to the bathroom.

"Surprise!" Marco yelled as he pooled a bucket of cold water all over Traver.

That got him out of his daze.

"Hey!"

Marco and Buddy were laughing so much that they couldn't even stand straight.

"Hey dude, what's on your mind? You can tell us you know?" Evan said.

Traver shook his head.

"Why not?" Luke asked.

"It's just... I'm just not sure, ok guys?"

Luke nodded. "Yeesh, calm down pregnant woman."

They then all went their ways, and almost for the whole night Traver was thinking about his trip to Barbados and how he was gonna win first place, like always, and also his dad's words.

Marry someone