Chapter 2: Competition

"Ok, meet you there at 11, then go out for lunch at 12?" Ayla asked, finishing up her phone call with her best friend, Maria, whom was 25 like Ayla.

"Sure." Maria's voice said through the phone. "Well we better get ready, it's 10:50!"

"Sure, bye!"

Ayla got up from her position on her bed and started to find her bikini that was black.

Stripping her clothes off, she switched into her bikini and put her hair in a up-do.

It was time for her to rock at the beach.

Ayla got out of her house, applied a little sunscreen, and got out of her little cottage, heading towards the beach. 

The time of the competition has came, and Traver was as nervous as ever.

It was 11:00 and he was just about to win first place.

But that didn't happen when he heard a woman yell "Help me!" 

He turned his head around, his eyes meeting with her's. 

She really was a beauty. 

Traver quickly surfed near her, picked her up and placed him on his surfboard, still heading towards he finish line.

"Wow lady's and gentleman's! Did you just see that!? The worldwide famous Traver Safe just saved a live, making that his disadvantage, but he still won second place! Wowza! And it seemed like Luke won first! New's spread that Luke, Marco, Buddy, Traver, and Evan team up together into a team to compete! They are not being competitors anymore!" The reporter said into the camera.

"Woah." Traver suddenly heard the beauty behind him say. 

"T-Thank you." she stuttered when she stood still on the ground.

Traver nodded and was about to leave when she suddenly said something.

"Well, I ruined your chance to win first place, and crashed in during the game, which I didn't know of. Is there any way I can pay you back? I promise I will do it, and I don't go back on my words no matter what." Ayla promised. 

Traver smirked and shook his head. "No thank you." and started to walk away.

But then he remembered he and his father's conversation a month ago, and turned back around walking over to her again.

"Actually, I do have a favor to ask you after all."

Her eyes twitched a little. "What is it?" she asked boldly. 

"Mar-" he started.

"Ayla!" Maria called out. "There you are! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Maria." Ayla said.

"That's their names." Traver noticed.  

"Oh good." But then Maria looked up at Traver and her eyes popped wide.

"W-Wait, is this the worldwide famous Traver Safe!" she started to yell. 

He nodded, a little embarrassed. 

"Ok." Maria said her cheeks heating up. "I guess I will take my leave now..." she trailed off. 

She then left, not wanting to be annoying.

"Ok, so what were you saying again?" Ayla asked him as if he was not a celebrity.

"Marry me." he said nonchalantly, as if marriage was nothing.

Ayla's eyes popped open. 

"You don't mean that, right?" she asked.

"No, I mean that." he said.

"No!" Ayla said.

 He smirked. "Remember what you just said a few second's ago?"

Ayla's eyes popped open, even bigger than it was. 

"Give me time to think." she muttered. "But first we go on date's."

Traver still had his smirk plastered on his face. 

"Sure, no problem with me." he shrugged.

"But why, though?" Ayla asked.

"Because..."