#12 - New Friends

Since the two girls still haven't gone upstairs, Joss is still continuing his story with Win

"I can clearly remember he was so scared with his whole body shaking violently.. While we were in my car, he was crying loudly and scratching his arms, neck and clothes until his body was red and there were some scratches"

"I brought him to my house because I didn't know where he lived.. At first, he panicked and shouted that he didn't want to come in, but I tried to calm him down and he finally calmed down a bit"

Joss continues his story and Win still listens to every story seriously

"But after that, he was sitting in the corner hugging himself while still scratching his body and kept saying 'dirty.. so dirty..'  That's when I knew, he must have been through a big trauma"

Win didn't expect such a thing to happen to Bright, it made him even more curious and want to know more

"Because I saw him constantly shaking and crying, I finally called my family doctor and gave him a sedative.. Not long after that, he fell asleep and that's when we got a chance to treat the scratches on his body"

"We were shocked when we saw that his body had many scars and bruises, although it looked faded but we knew for sure that he had been abused"

Win was dumbfounded, his brain kept playing out possible scenarios that happened so Bright experienced it all

"But the next morning I was caught off guard.. He left without leaving any message, I don't even know his name and where he came from"

However Joss suddenly chuckled and took a sip of his drink

"And you know what funny thing happened? Two months later, I met him again in the same place, at the bar that night.. But his face didn't look fine, he was pale and his body was thin.. He was embraced by someone, but I can see his face is like an undead, no expression"

"I had a bad feeling at the time, so I immediately grabbed his hand and took him away from there.. But you know what he said to me?"

"You don't need to help me.. I don't care if I die right now.. Everyone I love left me.. I don't have anyone, I just want to die"

Joss demonstrated how Bright said that night

"He didn't cry, but I'm still worried about him.. Even when I tried to ask him where he lives, he didn't say anything and kept quiet.. That's why I brought him to stay at my house"

"I knew he wasn't okay, so I found him a psychiatrist and he was treated for almost 2 years to be able to stand on his own feet again"

Since Joss was still continuing his story, Win opened his drink can and took a sip while still listening seriously

"Back then, my friends already knew about Bright and how his mental state was.. But they were worried that the trauma would recur, so only Sanan and Heide always came to comfort him so he wouldn't be too lonely and recover faster"

"Of course he is still taking the medicine the doctor gave him, but the doctor said that Bright is much better now.. I can also see from his face that he can smile and do other activities at that time"

Joss took another sip of his drink and took a deep breath

"Then when I wanted to open my cafe, I offered him to work with me and promised to pay him properly.. I did that so he wouldn't feel useless as he often mumbles quietly"

"After more than 1 year working with me, he decided to live independently and rented this place.. The funny thing is, this place belongs to Heide's parents.. Then we realized how small this world is" Joss chuckles