Part 23

(not my art)     

"So you're the girlfriend I have heard so much about?" heat crept up all the way from the tips of your ears. "G-Girlfriend ?" Your mouth felt dry and your tongue felt hot as the words stumbled out of your lips. Mina who was right behind him quickly hit him in the back of the neck. 'Hey what was that for?' but Mina did not seem to hear him or maybe she just didn't care. "I'm sorry about him, the cold seems to have messed with his mind a bit." The yellow haired man looked at Ashido with an expression that showed betrayal and hurt. 'The cold did not mess with my min- But he was cut short as a pink hand slapped across his mouth. Nervous laughter filled the air as she pulled Denki into the small booth.

      At first you were afraid that it would be awkward, and conversations would die out as fast as they came up but that was not the case instead Joyous laughter filled the air as conversations about random topics were thrown around. There was no longer one lonely cup of coffee, instead there were three.

      Denki took a long sip of his drink which had at least a mountain of whip cream on it and when he put his cup down half of it had missed his mouth and painted a mustache around his lips. Mina was in the middle of telling a story about how Eijiro once dyed his hair pink rather than red and was interrupted by you trying to stifle your laughter with your hands. "I haven't even gotten to the funny part."  But All you could do was point and soon the both of you were laughing like a bunch of hyenas. 

__________________

You rubbed your hands together in an effort to get them warm again which sadly didn't work. Mina who was beside you grabbed your hand and put it in her jacket pocket. Warmth flooded your fingers and you smiled gratefully. "What happened to your gloves?" "I forgot them." Both of you made eye contact for a split second before both of you turned away. After that no words were said, both of you were too embarrassed to say anything. As Denki, who was walking besides Mina continued on telling some extravagant story not even realizing that the both of you were holding hands.