4: Sparks Fly Out

https://hollow-art.com/files/bases/2019/09/20190912/31131/penelope-mitchell-4056204.gif.

Crickets chirped as tired steps crept up the Stackhouse porch just as the clock struck 2:30 A

Crickets chirped as tired steps crept up the Stackhouse porch just as the clock struck 2:30 A.M. Laceys' attempt to bypass the front door and collapse on her bed was interrupted by a large black box blocking her path. She frowned at the unfamiliar writing scribbled on a card, the name 'LACEY' standing out in bold. She couldn't help but feel a little excited at receiving such a surprise gift, hurrying the parcel indoors and gently placing it on the table.

Her blood ran cold the second she removed the lid...

A white envelope lay atop a familiar red and white pinup dress, the dress she wore the first night he requested speaking with her--the first thing he saw her up close in after watching her from afar for weeks on end:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/eb/a5/f1eba51b27f066f77fb813ef4a6069cb.jpg.

Her hands shook as she tore at the white envelope, cursive writing decorating a small card inside; 'So, this is where you ran to

Her hands shook as she tore at the white envelope, cursive writing decorating a small card inside; 'So, this is where you ran to.' Turning the note over only confirmed what she already knew, the 'Fangtasia' logo screaming at her forcing her to realize there was no point in hiding anymore. Eric had found her...

THE NEXT DAY

"Mornin' Grams," the matriarch didn't seem to notice Laceys' forced smile as she kissed her cheek. "Pass me that," the home telephone was stolen so the brunette telepath could release her frustration at the world in a more productive manner than last night. "Listen, I just wanna say that durin' our trip to hell, you and your husband--who's been cheatin' on you for the past four months--is more than welcome to join. I'm sure Satan would love to gossip with us about your 'V' addiction. Bye now!"

"What was that?"

"That was me stickin' up for you like God would want, plus her drug habits are so obvious even if I can read her mind."

"Are you okay?" A shrug was the girl's response before she sat at the table, Sookie entering the kitchen soon after Grams finished frying some eggs. "Everyone is excited about meeting the town vampire tonight," breakfast filled empty plates, "I didn't hear you come in last night, though I did have to clear a slight fire this mornin'..." Grams focused on Lacey.