7: Plaisir d'Amour

https://66.media.tumblr.com/83081092486c76112b2f8df6a9263774/tumblr_inline_olv4uuGSNq1t80jpm_400.gifv.

THE NEXT NIGHT

THE NEXT NIGHT

Lacey's body ached as she filled up the make-shift grave denting a small patch of Earth beside her Grans Petunias. Her shift at Merlotte's ended later than she expected, and all she wanted to do was relax--sit back and just feel like herself until sunrise. She regretted the choice quickly. As she sprawled herself across Lafayette's couch, a beer in one hand and a blunt in the other, her little sister was back home discovering the decapitated corpse of their cat Tina redecorating the walls of the entryway with a familiar shade of red.

The second Lacey heard the news she hurried home in a cab and rushed Sookie to her room, the girl already experiencing trauma from re-visiting Fangtasia and having vampire guts sprayed all over her. The young blonde followed the order as though it was in her blood, her face showing how numb and tired she was from the night's events. Bill tried to protest, offering to clean up himself as the girls went to bed, but Lacey knew all Sookie needed right now was her vampire beside her, and so Lacey sent him on his way also.

Flashes entered her mind of finding Gran and the overwhelming stench of blood she thought still filled the kitchen, she tried to shake it all away, only being successful when the front door opened and Bill exited her family home. "Damn, I didn't think I'd be workin' through the night." Lacey yawned, standing to stretch out her back. "Is Sookie asleep?"

"About a half-hour in."

"Good."

"You know, you should get some sleep as well."

"Oh, don't worry about me. I've done a lot more on a lot less. Besides, knowin' my body, it'll give me about three hours before it decides we have to start our day." She sighed, "Thanks for stayin' with her anyway, Bill. I know you'll probably disagree with me, but out of the two of us, she needed the rest more than me tonight."

Laceys attempt to ascend the stairs was disturbed by Bill's following words, "Did you enter into a relationship with Eric Northman?"

"I'm sorry?"

Bill sighed, knowing it wasn't his place but unable to stow his curiosity. "Sookie told me Malcolm took a particular interest in you, said you belonged to the Sheriff of Area 5. Is it true?"

Lacey was frozen, words a million miles from her as she felt punched in the gut--almost as though the thought of Sookie knowing Eric was Lacey's vampire would make her sister see her in a completely different light. Finally, she gave a shaky nod. "Does Sookie know Eric's the Sheriff?" Bill simply nodded, Lacey sighed in exhaustion over the thought of the inquisition that would follow once Sookie's mind was clear--that or her little sister would just end up quizzing her in an attempt to forget her own thoughts. "Well, thanks for the warnin' at least. Night, Bill."

The vampire watched her retreat, body tense with the thought of Eric having a claim over the sweet and feisty Stackhouse. "Night, Lacey..."