Prologue

Art-

It's a strange coincidence that all of us were there. The people who would take us in if we were to ever loose our parents, and the friends. It was like a huge meet and greet. I wanted everyone to meet. Families could intertwine and children could play. It was bliss back then: our innocence was present. We never knew what was really going to happen that day. The ten of us only thought on the bright side of things; just like any child would. We didn't like being called children, but as a bunch of nine year olds, we couldn't exactly get away from being called one. The skies were blue and the scenery was green. It was as if the canvass of life was clean with no imperfections in the painting. No mistakes were made on the canvass of life. Life in its ful-
BANG

We hit the ground as fast as we could. There were screams. I couldn't tell if it was me or someone else. Either way it was gut wrenching. There were parents dialing 911 while dodging gun shots. I could feel the tears streaming down my face, and could sense the others  breaking. I looked to my right and I saw red. Bright red. I choked. Down on the ground, eyes wide open, was my best friend Melody. There was an expression of shock on her face, frozen. I looked around and saw almost everyone down. There was blood. So much of it, there to stain the green grass.

Pain flared up my leg. I realized s bullet had deeply grazed it. More blood. this time, my own. I noticed nine other kids hiding behind an overturned table. The were frantically waving at me to join them. I shook my head. 

Something shiny caught my eye. The Katana. I didn't know why it was here. It was a family heirloom that tended to stay hidden from others. Ignoring the pain in my leg, I stumbled towards the case. As I took the sword out of it sheath, the gun man pointed the rifle at me. I was surprisingly calm. I waited for the bullet. I waited for the pain, but I never met it- Out of ammunition.

I surged forward with the Katana in hand. I was faster than I thought. There were cry of protest from my friends behind the table. They were the only ones left. This man had killed everyone else, without a second thought. He would pay. His life wasn't as valuable as the ones he took, his life wasn't even close to any of the lives that were forcefully taken on this very field.

Vengeance.

All I could do was avenge them, all of them.

As i neared him sword drawn, his eyes stayed in their maniacal state.

"Monster," I thought to myself.

I watched as the sword in my hand came up and slit the throat of a murderer.

I stared at the dead body that lay be for me. Soon, my friends joined me. They had blood shot eyes and some bleeding wounds.

"Karma's a bitch," I stated.

Then everything want black.