Chapter One

(Your POV)
Grey clothes. Plain food. Not being able to look into the mirror for a long time. Yup, that pretty much sums up life in Abnegation. Abnegation, the selfless. Maybe just a bit too selfless for me. I would give anything to be in another faction, but at the same time I don't want to leave my family.

The choosing ceremony is in two days, and the testing is tomorrow. Sure, they say that at the choosing ceremony we can choose any faction regardless of our test results, but then what's the point of getting tested?

It's the middle of the night and I'm still thinking about the ceremony and what faction suits me best. Not Eurudite, I'm not smart enough. Amity seems like a good choice, but I don't think I can handle people laughing 24/7! I would never choose Candor. I've always hated them. They say whatever come to their minds, and that's they're way of being "honest" I guess. I can't handle being in Candor because telling the truth all the time kinda isn't really my thing. Then there's Dauntless. I've always found them so alive and full of energy, and they're so brave! They jump off moving trains and climb skyscrapers! I've always been afraid of heights so maybe Dauntless isn't fit for me either. Well, let's see what the tests say and hopefully I'll know where I belong.