Chapter 4

(Your POV)
I jump out of the chair I sat in once I woke up from the simulation. I started shaking uncontrollably and I couldn't stop, even when Four put his hands on my shoulders to calm me down.
"How did you do that?" He asked.
"Do what?" I say, confused.
"How did you calm the dog?"
"I know a thing or two about dogs so I decided not to kill it and just to calm it, I guess." I say. Four looks at me suspiciously and then types something up in his computer.
"Soooo what are my results?" I ask.
"You got Amity, for being kind to the dog but not killing it, you got Dauntless for choosing that knife and killing the dog, you got Erudite for being smart and calming the dog, and you also got Abnegation for saving that kid." Four says.
"What?! Is that normal, to get four factions for my result?"
"Well, of course it's not normal, but I put Dauntless as your result in the computer system so that people don't find out about you."
"What's wrong with me? Why can't no one find out about me?" I ask. Four motions me to get in the corner so no one can hear him. He looks around, as if someone is there, eavesdropping.
"Look, getting more than one faction ain't normal, and it's also rare. Make sure no one finds out about you, not even your family members. Your dangerous to the rest of the society. Don't worry, I'm just like you and I did I good job hiding it and I expect you to hide it well too. People like us are called-" He looks around, making sure no one is listening, "-Divergents."
"Divergents?" I whisper. Four nods.
"Erudite is doing everything they can to capture them, so it won't be smart to transfer there. Abnegation won't be too good for you either, because the faction with the highest count of Divergents is Abnegation and that's where the Erudite are most suspicious. Amity would be a smart choice and so is Dauntless, but you have to be really careful in Dauntless because Eric, the leader, was a transfer from Erudite. Amit and Dauntless are your choices. Now go home and do not, I repeat, do not discuss your results at home. You understand?" Four says. I nod, pretty sure I have a terrified look in my eye and I head for the door.

I get home, at the same time as my brother does. I bet he got Abnegation. He's really good at being selfless.
I eat up my dinner and go to bed, deciding whether I should become Dauntless, or Amity. My eyes close as I drift off in a deep sleep.