➢ Two ; Lost in Memory

(A/N;
I missed you guys, hello ily <3)

Chapter 02.
LOST IN MEMORY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

KIM DOKJA WAS A READER. It was to stray away from the meaning 'only child' that his father named him. It was because of that name that he was single, lonely and introverted in personality, with only reading to escape that empty truth.

So for most of his life, he became the sole reader of a novel titled Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World. It was all opposite of his coworker beside him, who could probably become a heroine in such a world.

But that day, it all changed. His novel had become a reality.

"The police.. The police aren't picking up! What should we do..?" Yoo Sangah, a coworker's words, trembled in her panic. She looked at Kim Dokja with drooping brows, pressing her palm close to her chest to ease her unnerved heartbeat.

"Calm down, Yoo Sangah-ssi." Kim Dokja raised his hands and placed them on her shoulders. He made strong eye contact with her, making a serious face. "You've tried playing that game made by that development team, right? You know, the one where the world ended and only a few people survived."

"Huh? What are you...?"

"Think of it like this. You are in that game right now." Dokja squeezed her shoulders to bring her back to reality. Sangah's eyes stared at the blue screens by her sides, uttering a few words.

"It's simple. All games have rules, right? You just need to follow them."

"Rules? Like what..?"

"That's what we need to find out." Kim Dokja let go of her and walked away to accept the situation. He controlled his breathing. Every event that existed in the novel was unfolding itself into reality.

「The dokkaebi with extended antennae. 」

「 The corpses in the carriage, scattered like trash. 」

「 An office worker covered in blood, shaking in fear. 」

「An old lady praying in her seat. 」

Dokja thought of the situation as hard to believe. But after observing, watching and questioning, he had no choice but to accept it.

He had already set his eyes on one character, 「Steel Sword, Lee Hyunsung」. A sturdy man with short cut hair, a head taller than average height. He was one of the recurring characters in Ways of Survival.

His speech and behaviour were the same as the novel. It was Kim Dokja's first time seeing his face, but he was too familiar with him.

Lee Hyunsung had appeared, everything was going in the same order as the novel, but how come he didn't appear yet?

Yoo Sangah released her hold on Kim Dokja, but stuck close to him with uneasiness. She didn't even realise it from her terror, now she was biting her fingernail to destress. Dokja freed his hands and he could turn on his smartphone.

There were so many things he knew and didn't know, all mixed together in real life. The only way to fix things up was to read Ways of Survival again. However, Dokja didn't know how to find the novel.

Since he was the only person in the world that really liked it, there would be no other copies of it pirated online. Wait a minute.. He rechecked the email sent to him once again. There was one attachment sent from the author.