➢ Three ; Heroism and Mercy

(A/N;
<33333 hi hru doing??)

Chapter 03.
HEROISM AND MERCY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[[Your understanding of Kim Namwoon has increased.]]

[[Your understanding of (L/n) (M/n) has increased.]]

"Y-YEAH, I'M FINE." Kim Dokja moved away onto the man's side. Namwoon's blow left a faint fist mark on the ground, the force able to break bones. But Kim Namwoon only hit the ground, missing Dokja each time.

"Agh! Why can't I hit you?!" He was frustrated, easily succumbing to his temper. Of course he couldn't hit Kim Dokja, even if he missed just barely, it was all thanks to his second skill.

[Exclusive skill, Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint Lv. 1 has been activated!]

As soon as the skill was activated, Kim Dokja could easily read Namwoon's inner thoughts and observe his attack directions.

「 Right shoulder. 」

Kim Dokja moved away from the direction it was pointing at, gritting his teeth.

「 Right eye. 」

Kim Dokja ducked his head, slipped on the floor and fell back. (L/n) (M/n)'s arms firmly grabbed his upperarms in concern for the stranger.

"For f*ck's sake, you're really slippery!" Kim Namwoon shouted, pulling back his fists.

'I can only use the second skill to dodge him. I'm not good enough to attack yet. As long as we buy more time...' Kim Dokja peeked at the timer right behind them and glowered at Namwoon. "Kid, you've got two minutes left now."

"F*cking hell!" Kim Namwoon's eyes fixed to the weak grandmother, cursing. If Namwoon killed the grandmother, he would clear the scenario. No matter what, Kim Dokja couldn't let Namwoon pass to the next scenario.

(A/N: typing this on my family computer, gotta censor those just in case young siblings walk in on me typing this.)

Dokja pulled away, grabbing the old woman and rolling on the floor to avoid him.

"Haha, I knew you'd move like that." Kim Namwoon took something out og his bag, shining in fluorescent light. It was a portable MacGyver Knife. Kim Dokja forgot that this guy was a diehard military otaku.

There was a link between the technical skill 'Knife Fighting' and the strengthening skill 'Blackening'. The direction that the blade was pointing was obvious and he slashed it right at Kim Dokja.

「Heart. 」

It was an attack that couldn't be avoided even if I knew the direction. So, I made a quick judgment. If I couldn't avoid the attack, it was better to be hit somewhere with minimal damage, if possible.

The blade scarcely missed Dokja's heart, making a deep gash in his shoulder. There was a searing pain from the wound, most likely an effect of the skill. Kim Dokja's vision blurred and he felt like dying. He slowed down from carrying the old woman, a weight he wasn't used to carrying.

'If I lose here, I will die.' Kim Dokja gasped for air, dropping the old woman to the floor. The weak die, and the strong survive. It's such a predictable world. But hasn't the world always been this way?

From the beginning, it was a dog-eat-dog world where the strong prey on the weak. That just got clearer. Memories from the past returned to Kim Dokja, and his heart steeled with his wish to survive. Back then when he was kicked to the ground, forced to lower his head in order to get away from the pain.