chapter eight- Befriended

Chapter Eight-Befriended

The next day I walked to school on my own. I pulled my black hoodie over my head and shoved my hands in my pockets.

???: “What’s on the agenda for today?”

          I turned around and saw the creepily white “guardian angel” I have come to hate. I picked him up by his neck as he groaned in pain.

Ethan: “Why did you make my brother into a magical boy?!”

Kyubey: “H-he possessed some great potential, so I let him make a contract”

Ethan: “He shouldn’t be in this life and now he’s going to die”

Kyubey: “Do you think that I choose magical girls and boys at random? I wouldn’t choose them unless I knew they had some sort of ability. Are you afraid of a little competition?”

          I walked over to the nearest trashcan, tossed him inside, and kicked the trashcan down the street. I proceeded toward school and entered. I was about ten minutes early so I had some time to kill. I walked around the school, went to my locker and waited for the bell to ring. When it did ring, I went straight to my first period class. There was a television in the middle of the room so I guess we were going to watch a movie. I took my seat and watched as the kids slowly flooded the classroom. I noticed the boy whom I had seen yesterday; take his seat next to mine.

Joshua: “Hey Ethan”

          I looked over at him and gave him a slight wave. I didn’t say “hi” or give him any acknowledgement after that. He seemed weaker than me and it made me almost certain that I can beat him in battle. The girl he sits with wasn’t present in class, so he took it upon himself to bug me.

Joshua: “How old are you”

          I sighed and looked at him. I was feeling a little grief from my Mother’s passing. I thought that fighting that witch would help me, but it only spared some of the pain.

Ethan: “You ask a lot of questions”

          Suddenly his eyes lit up like a firework. He gasped and looked directly into my eyes.

Joshua: “It’s you...f-from yesterday”

          I looked at him and smiled.

Ethan: “Yeah it’s me”

Joshua: “Why are you being so cold to me?”

Ethan: “I just have a lot going on at the moment”

Joshua: “Don’t let it affect you in battle”

Ethan: “Coming from a ‘professional’ himself”

Joshua: “Bitch…I told you I wasn’t ready”

          I let the time pass by in class as I watched the movie. It was an old black and white movie about how Christopher Columbus came to America. How they accepted what the Indians had and then took it all away from them. I was thinking about my plans to eradicate the magical girl and boy existence. I couldn’t really do it on my own. It would take a whole lot of power and there could be magi’s that were stronger than me, that would only end badly on my part. I guess I would just stop those plans.

Joshua: “So what did you wish for?”

          This guy wouldn’t quit on trying to befriend me, so I guess I would just play along.

Ethan: “I had a deadly disease and Kyubey came along when I was on my death bed. I wished for the disease to be gone. Now I just wish I hadn’t made that wish and died. Maybe it would have been better off. Maybe my mother would still be alive”