Chapter Twenty-two - Just A Regular Day for Once...

Chapter Twenty-Two- Just a regular day for once.

          I woke up at eight in the morning the next day. Damn I can sleep for so long and basically nothing can wake me up. I'm like a bear going into hibernation. I was going to have a lazy day today, so I went upstairs and changed into flannel pajama bottoms and a black tee-shirt. I laid back down on the couch and rested my hands behind my head. I closed my eyes so I can be alone with my thoughts.

          You can never be alone in your thoughts as long as I'm here genius...

Ethan: "I didn't want you to disturb my peace and quiet"

          Too bad...I have a job for you Ethan...

Ethan: "Oh, and what's that?"

          I want you to kill those two magical girls you met last night...

Ethan: "Why would I do that? All it does is cause more grief and speed up my death"

          I hope you know that you have no choice...I will make you do it...

Ethan: "Hey, I got a question. On the night when we fought Justin's witch, how come you didn't kill Amberly, Joshua, Glendaly or anyone else for that matter?"

          I was clearly outnumbered...I had no chance against four Puella Magi...

Ethan: "But you're outnumbered with Leanessa and Vanessa. What if they defeat you?"

          I have something in my mind...

Ethan: "I refuse"

          You don't have a choice. I'm going to force you...

          I opened my eyes and sighed. I sat up and looked at the television set that was adjacent to me.

Ethan: "Maybe television will help"

          I grabbed the remote from the glass table and laid back down on the couch. I clicked the power button as a picture of a Pokémon episode flashed the screen.

Ethan: "Yay! Pokémon is on"

          You can't escape fate...

Ethan: "Pokémon, gotta catch em' all!"

???: "You're a child,  you know that?"

          I turned around to see Amberly standing in the doorway. She had one arm propped up against the doorway and one at her side. She was wearing the same peach pants when I first saw her and a blue blouse and hoodie.

Ethan: "I am a child. Come sit"

          I moved my legs off the couch and she sat down next to me.