Page 1: The Earl's Crime

Warning: This story contains murders, blood, gore, suicide, killings, more blood and dead people everywhere, etc. Please be guided and read at your own risk.

1st POV

I was walking down the hallway while humming a joyful song to myself. After all, who wouldn't after having a hearty meal in peace? Seriously, if I ate breakfast with those Moriartards I wouldn't be so happy right now.

My happy little walk or more like a way to burn some calories after eating too much comes to a halt when I heard those brother's voices in one of the rooms.

Out of curiosity, I subconciously went near the wide wooden door painted in white and stick one of my ears to try and eavesdrop.

"People do things that are inhuman." A voice said in the other side of the door. Knowing it's pitch, the speaker must be a man and is around 18-28. "That's just what human beings are." He added. But knowing his pitch doesn't really matter because I know who exactly is talking.

"Growing discontent towards the police who's not taking actions..."

"There aren't any clues so they seem to be having a hard time." His companion replied. My eyes only narrowed into slits. What in the world are they talking about?

"There are clues..." The first lad that I heard talking said plainly. My brows furrowed as I try to think of an idea of their topic.

Could it be about a crime? An unsolved one? But what crime is it? And more importantly, why are they talking about it?

I bend closer to the door as if it makes it clearer for me to hear their conversation but instead, I was greeted with silence.

Huh? Did they suddenly prefer to say nothing after that? Or did they...

When I listened closely, I heard footsteps coming my way and as time pass by, it was getting louder and louder.

My eyes widen when realization hit me.

Crap, I'm dead.

And before I could run away, the door where I was eavesdropping swung open, revealing the inside of the room.

I gulp the lump in my throat as I stood there awkwardly like an idiot caught in 4k. "Uhhh, goodmorning?"

"Ah, Miss (L/n). It was just you, thought it was some spy." A blond young man holding a newspaper and sitting comfortably in his chair remarked barely giving me a glance. But he doesn't look like worried at all if I were really a spy. It seemed like he really expected it to be me.

"Ahaha, no need to be so formal. We live in the same household now so please just address me as (Y/n)." I tried my best to beam a smile at him trying to divert his attention about me, eavesdropping.

He surprisingly returned the smile that I gave him. "Then you may also call me William,
(Y/n). Now, why don't you take a seat?" He said before motioning his hand to offer me to seat in front of him.

But before I could disagree, he interrupted me. "Don't you want to know what we were talking about?" He casually asked while smirking and putting down the newspaper he was holding in the table.

I cleared my throat before nodding. Since I'm already here, then I think I'll just take this chance to have a word with them...and of course to know what they're talking about. I still have many things to know and to confirm.

His companion or known as Louis that also happened to be his brother, opened the door widely more than enough for me to enter as I elegantly made my way inside before plopping down the couch and making myself comfortable.