Chapter 5: A Rare Breed [Act 1]

1st POV

(Back To Present)

The sun shine brightly through the window, it's blinding sun ray's waking me up. For how many times, I forgot to close the curtains before falling asleep. After all, I was used with my maids doing everything for me back then.

I yawned, stretching my arms and legs before sitting up. I waited for a few minutes thinking about things before I finally decided to stood up.

After I did my morning routine, I went outside my room to eat breakfast. As I passed by the living room, I spotted Louis handing out William a plate with a card on it. So, William finally arrived, huh.

I slowly went near them to hear their conversation clearly. As always, I am curious of their topic.

William picked up the card before reading out loud the name of the sender. "The Viscount of Belfor?"

My eyes widen for a moment. "Hey! Isn't he the lord over this whole region!?" I blurted out a little bit shock, startling the two of them that made me feel a little bit guilty for shouting.

Louis nodded and creases formed on my forehead. "Sorry. But what does he want?" I asked in a more quiter voice.

"He would like to have us over for dinner." William stated plainly, his gaze still on the invitation letter. "Albert is going to be arriving tonight, right?" He asked in which Louis responded with a yes.

For some reason, excitement filled my body. Maybe because it's been days since I went out of the house. And literally, I've got nothing to do except for helping Louis in doing chores in the house. Maybe I should look for a job too, if possible.

"I see. Then let's all three of us accept this invitation." William finally announced in a joyful tone.

Louis nodded while I also smiled and agreed until I realize something...

"Wait, am I not included!?" My loud voice echoed throughout the room.

William gave me a confusing look. "Well, yes. Your uncomfortable around other nobles so I thought you wouldn't want to join. But if you wanted to, you could come with us." After hearing his words, I finally calmed down.

I looked down on the carpeted floor a small smile on my face. "I do, but...being alone in the house is worse, you know?" I tried to suppress the sadness in my tone but I know those two aren't dumb to not notice it so I tried to change the topic. Luckily, my stomach growled loudly so I have some excuse to excuse myself.

After that, I went to the dining room to eat some breakfast that Louis prepared.

● ● ●

I frantically walked back and forth, completely confused if I look okay or not. I was so deep in thought that I hadn't notice someone was knocking on my door until he called my name.

I hurriedly opened my door only to be greeted by Louis in a formal suit with a white bowtie. It was somehow new to me that he wasn't wearing his normal attire.

"Is there anything wrong lady (Y/n)?" He asked curiously trying to peek above my shoulder to see what's going on in my room.

"Nothing! What's the matter by the way?" I tried asking him back.

"Oh, my apologies. I'm here to inform you that the carriage will arrive in fifteen minutes." He replied.

My eyes widen for a second. In fifteen minutes!? Wait, what!? Isn't it a bit too early?

I have no choice but to nod my head.
"R-Right. I'll go change my clothes first then I'll go downstairs!" I stated.

But instead of leaving me alone, Louis gave me a suspicious look before talking once again. "It's not my intention to interfere in your fashion taste Lady (Y/n), but if you need an opinion, then I think the dress suits you well." He blurted out of nowhere, making me a little bit flustered.