Chapter 3: The Scarlet Eyes [Act 2]

1st POV

"So you were saying...that those brothers were adopted by the Moriartys?" The old woman nodded in response.

"It's a shame that they were taken early after just arriving here because the others liked them very much. But nevertheless, I'm happy for the both of them." The woman added before looking at the orphans playing catch.

My lips curved in disappoinment. I am also happy for the brothers but what's bugging me is that, why would the head of the Moriartys suddenly adopted the two? Was it because of their knowledge? But that's impossible!

Or is Albert the mastermind of all of this?

He seemed interested in those two from the start so he may have taken a liking for the both of them. But knowing his family and him...can he handle it?

Especially if he's not around, I'm pretty sure that scoundrel will try to make fun of them.

After a nice talk with some orphans, I finally bid my goodbye.

● ● ●

"I heard that you also visit that ragged school everyday." I nodded my head confidently as he gave me a sympathetic look that I don't really need.

"Geez, a lady like you doesn't need to go to a rotten school like that and mingle with rats, you know?" He plainly commented while shooking his head. "Must be hard for you and my brother."

My fist automatically clenched at his words. Even the sight of him screams how spoiled and selfish he is. He should be thankful that I couldn't beat him to death right now but maybe next time, I would.

The birds tweeted outside while we were both walking in a red carpet along to a certain room. This boy really needs heavy counseling and lectures.

I only gave him a fake smile and pretended to laugh it off. "It isn't really like that. The people in the--"

"Ah, you there!" I was cutted off when he suddenly approached the adopted younger brother that was carrying books around.

My lips slightly parted as I immediately rush my way towards him and inisisted to help. "What are you doing?" I gently whispered at him before trying to grab half of the books he's carrying but no matter how I tried to get it from his arms, he seemed to tell me that's he's fine.

But he's sick and he shouldn't be moving around doing chores.

"My, my, Lady (Y/n), what do you think you're doing?" William interrupted, stopping my arm to touch the boy nor the books any longer. His gaze changed from me to the poor lad before a malicious smile crept on his face. "Would you make us some tea?"

My eyebrow shoot up with shock as I look at him.

What is he trying to do now?

"A-Actually, I think I wanted to go outside. Don't you think the summer breeze is lovely?" I tried to avert his attention.

"Yeah, sure..." His voice trailed off but before I could grab him away from the adopted younger brother, he was quick to continue. "...after this."

He left after saying those words before he went to their mini library inside their house leaving me and the young boy alone. "U-Um, excuse me." He stuttered before walking away.

I can't help but to worry about him. He seemed really weak to even move around, yet those people like William still tries to bully him.

A deep sigh escaped my lips before I headed to the room where my companion went.