Part 3: A New Job

{Hayley's POV}

After the little incident with Sebastian I managed to find Mikayla and we came back to mine. We ended up ordering take out and just spent the night watching films. It's now the following morning and we have just spent it chilling out.

"Have you heard back from the magazine?" Mikayla asks as she comes back from the bathroom.

"No but it's ok, it was a long shot anyways." I admit.

I applied for a job with Men's Health Magazine, as a photographer. I've always had a passion for photography ever since I was a little girl. I haven't had many jobs as a photographer after I finished college. I was hoping that this would finally be my big break, but I didn't think I'd get it anyways.

"Your work is great, I'm sure that they will contact you soon." Mikayla reassures me, she has always been my biggest supporter.

"What would I do without you?" I smile.

"Seen as though I'm like your only friend, probably nothing." she chuckles, earning her a swot to the arm from me.

"Wow how nice of you." I say sarcastically.

Laughter fills the air whilst we make a coffee in the kitchen. However, our laughter is cut short by the sound of my phone ringing. I step into the living room as I answer it.

"Hello" I say into the phone.

"Hello, is this Miss Monroe?" a gentle voice asks.

"It is yes." I respond.

"This is Anna from Men's Health Magazine, I'm ringing to inform you that we received your portfolio and loved your work."" she tells me. "We think that you are a perfect fit for the role and would love you to come work for us."

I have to hold in my squeals of excitement as she tells me the news. I can't believe it. "I'd be honoured to work for you!" I beam.

"I'm glad to hear it." she says. "We have a shoot tomorrow, I will email you the details."

"Great, thank you." I reply.

"I look forward to meeting you." Anna says.

"Me too." I say before ending the call.

I can't believe I actually got it. I quickly run back through to Mikayla with a huge grin plastered on my face. "Omg M, I got it!" I exclaim as I enter the kitchen.

"I knew you would." she smiles before pulling me into a hug.

"They want me to go over tomorrow for a shoot." I tell her.

"Well it looks like we can't celebrate tonight then." she pouts.

I laugh at her fake pout as she stands looking like a child that's just been told off. "Yeh, the last thing I need is to be hungover on my first day." I joke.

"Well tomorrow night we are definitely going out." she states and I know that I can't object.

"That's if I don't screw things up tomorrow." I joke.

M over dramatically rolls her eyes as I finish. "Stop being such a downer, it will be great." she tells me. "I wonder who you will be photographing."

"Fineeee" I say.  "And yeh me too."

We spend the rest of the day hanging out before M had to leave for work late in the afternoon. After she left, I got a bath and read my book before heading to bed. I'm so excited to be starting my new job tomorrow.

{Sorry I haven't been updating, I'm going through a lot right now and have lost my passion for writing. I don't want to continue this while I'm like this as it won't be written as good as it could be. Hopefully I will be back at it soon though. — Thank you😊}