Part 4: The shoot

{Hayley's POV}

Today's my first day with Men's Health Magazine and I couldn't be more excited. I don't start until 1 but I want to be prepared, hence me waking up at 7. A relaxing shower and breakfast at the bakery round the corner is a perfect way to start the day. Freshly backed muffins flood my senses as I step through the small oak door. I order my regular mocha and a blueberry muffin before taking a seat next to the large window. Looking out onto the busy streets of New York has always been amusing to me. Everyone in their own little world as they hurry to their jobs, some 9-5, some a little less structured like mine. The lack of routine has never bothered me, it fascinates me in a way, just going with the flow. I wouldn't change it for the world.

As time passed and it got closer to 1, I made sure I had all of my equipment packed in my car and ready to go. After making a quick coffee, I got in my car and headed to the site of the shoot. Getting closer to the shoot only made my nerves grow, but I can't wait to get started. When I arrive outside the derelict building, I see a few cars parked by a red door and decide to park there. I gathered my equipment and headed through the door, following the sound of voices up the stairs. As I step into the open room, I am greeted by a friendly woman. "Hi I'm Anna the creative director, and you must be Hayley, the new photographer." the redhead introduces herself as she shakes my hand.

"I am, its lovely to meet you." I smile.

"If you'd like to follow me, then you can get your equipment set up." she says as she begins to walk deeper into the room.

She stops at the far end of the room where a wooden table lays and instructs me to set up. I spent a while laying out my equipment and cleaning my lenses before Anna approached me again. "I see you are all ready to go. He should be here any minute and we can start." she  says.

Before I can ask who I'm photographing, Anna is walking towards the door. I turn back to my table, picking up my camera, as I do I hear a familiar voice speaking to Anna. "This is your Hayley, she is going to be your photographer today." Anna says as I turn to face her and the man now stood in front of me. "You can start whenever you are ready." and with that she walks away leaving me with my model.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumble looking at the smirk that has grew across his face.

"So Hayley, we meet again." Sebastian chuckles, as he emphasises my name. 

"Lucky me." I joke, dramatically rolling my eyes as I do.

He lets out a loud chuckle at my remark, "I was hoping to see you again." he states.

"And I hoped the complete opposite." I tease as I plaster a grin on my face. 

"Ouch." he fake whimpers as he grabs his chest. "You need to stop hurting my feelings."

"Oh I'm sure you can handle it." I reply, winking at him before turning to grab my lens.

I hear him laugh as he walks away to get ready for the shoot. I've been with the man all of 2 minutes and I can tell that he is going to drive me insane today, I just can't tell if it is going to be in a good way or not. I guess I'm going to find out.

A few minutes later, Sebastian emerges from the small room across from me in his first outfit for the shoot. "Ok, so we are going to start with you in front of the white screen." I direct him.

"Sure thing" he replies as he positions himself against it.

As I take the photos, he follows my direction with ease as he switches between the angles.  The lighting hits the white screen perfectly, it doesn't take long before I have all the photos I need. As I check over the photos uploaded to my laptop, Sebastian heads to change into his next outfit. He emerges from the room in grey shorts and a grey sleeveless jumper as he asks "Where would you like me next?"