Chapter 67: Christmas Love

Narrator's POV

It was Christmas dinner time. Camila was happy to see everybody. They dressed up with a Christmas dress code. She was happy as Sofia looked happy and enjoyed the dinner. Her smile could not get any bigger when Ally, Dinah, Normani, and Hailee walked into the dining room. They wanted to see Camila and gave her a surprise. It was Lauren's idea.  Before the dinner started, she thanked everyone for being by her side during this time. They replied to Camila with joys and fun as they wanted to make their Christmas full of joy and love. 

It was not too many people, but enough to make a Christmas dinner warm and full of laughter

It was not too many people, but enough to make a Christmas dinner warm and full of laughter. There were children and grandchildren from Mr. and Mrs. Harris besides Jason, Peter, Alice, and three other staff. They would leave after the dinner and only Jason, Peter, and Alice would stay as they never left the Cabellos unless when they had emergency cases or had their annual leaves. However, Camila wanted everyone to stay a night. 

After the dinner, they continued the Christmas evening in the living room where the Christmas tree was. They sang and joked as a family would do. Camila did not talk much as usual, but she would comment on things. Camila smiled when she looked at everyone. They looked happy and it made her happy.  She also sent Christmas dinner to her securities who were on duty on the front gate to the Cabello land. It reminded her of when her parents were still alive. They would invite those who did not go home for Christmas to have dinner with them. They would prepare them presents as well. Camila learned from her parents how to treat the people who worked for them, especially her father. 

It was ten-thirty and Camila was feeling tired. She excused herself but she asked them to continue the party. Ally, Dinah, Normani, and Hailee left after Camila decided to end the night. Lauren always enjoyed a party and gathering with people, but tonight she wanted to spend time with Camila. Sofia was sleepy as well so she went to bed before midnight as the others were still chatting and drinking in the living room.

.

Lauren and Camila had settled in the bed. "Is it okay?" She asked Camila when she helped Camila to lie down in a comfortable position.

"Yeah, " Camila said.

"Do you want me to play a song or Christmas song?" Lauren asked.

"Yes, if you want to," Camila looked a Lauren.

Camila was replaying in her mind how caring and thoughtful Lauren was. Lauren always made sure that Camila was fine and comfortable. She always paid attention to her needs including little things such as Lauren would ask if the water was too hot or too cold when she prepared her a bath. She also would put toothpaste on her toothbrush to make things easier. She was so patient and caring. Camila felt loved and grateful for her existence. Lauren did not show any sign of tiredness, boredom, impatience, or unwillingness when she was taking care of her. Lauren did all the things wholeheartedly.