Chapter 71: Birthday

Narrator's POV 

"Camz..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to have your birthday present now or after dinner?" Lauren asked when they reached the dining room.

"Hmm... I am fine with both." Camila said. It did not matter to her. Lauren should know when the best time was as she was the one planning.

"Okay, it's better after dinner..."

"Okay..."

.

After they finished their dinner, "Let's get your present." Lauren said pulling Camila with her, "Come on, Sofi!" Sofia followed.

They went to the family room, the one that closest to the dining room.

"Where are we going?" Camila looked at Lauren suspiciously.

"Family room," Lauren said.

"Okay," they were holding hands and Sofia was next to Camila.

When they arrived at the destination room, Mr. Harris was there waiting for them with a box in front of him.

"Happy birthday, Camz!" Lauren kissed Camila, "It's your present."

Camila gave Lauren a look since the box was big, "What is it?"

Lauren chuckled and Sofia was excited even it was not her birthday, "You can find it out yourself. Go ahead!"

"It's not Dinah inside, right?" Camila joked and they laughed.

"Dinah can't fit into that box," Lauren laughed.

Camila walked to the wrapped in sky blue box with a white ribbon on it. Camila pulled the ribbon slowly wondering what it is. When the ribbon was off, She opened the box and she was surprised. "Lauren...." She looked at Lauren then back to the box.

"It's a puppy..." Sofia said. She was jumping feeling excited.

Camila took the little puppy out, "It's so cute... "

"Do you like it?" Lauren asked.

"Yes..."

"I want to hold her," Sofia said. They sat on the sofa caressing the dog. They never had a dog as Camila's mother was extremely allergic to the dog. Camila loved animals and she loved to play with Dinah's dogs every time she visited Dinah when their parents were still alive. The two sisters always wanted one, especially Camila, but they never got it. Knowing she loved and wanted to have a dog, Lauren got her a little puppy for her present.