Chapter 93: Marry Me, Dance With Me?

Narrator's POV

Twenty-seven months later, Camila and Lauren were going to celebrate their Christmas and New York for the first time in London. Mr. Solomon also invited them for dinner. They arrived at the hotel where they used to stay, where Mr. Solomon saw Camila, and where Lauren met Mr. Solomon, where the painting of Delilah was born. They were not alone, Dinah and Sofia also came with them.

"Lauren..." Camila called Lauren when they settled in their hotel room.

"Yes, Camz." Lauren joined her on the couch.

"Do you still remember what you've promised me?" Camila asked.

"Yeah... I love you and will always love you. I don't cheat on you even I don't lay my eyes on others." Lauren hugged and wanted to kiss Camila, but Camila did not let her.

"Camz?" It must be something wrong, but Lauren did not know what it was.

Camila looked at Lauren, and she looked annoyed. "Camz..."

"Is that all, the promises you remember?" Camila asked.

"Yeah..." Lauren was looking at Camila.

Camila sighed, and she stood up.

"Camz, where are you going?" Lauren asked.

"I'm tired. I want to take a nap." Camila said.

"Okay..." Lauren pouted.

.

Camila woke up in the late afternoon. They would attend the art exhibition and have dinner with Dinah and Sofia. She was a bit too quiet, and it did not sit well with Lauren.

"Camz, is something wrong?" Lauren asked when they were getting ready but Camila was still ignoring her.

Camila looked at Lauren. She was not as annoyed as before she went to sleep. "You..."

They were cut off by the knock on the door. Dinah and Sofia were ready to leave. Camila went to get the door. "Kaki, we're ready." Her sister said. Jason was also with them.

"Okay, let me get my coat and clutch." Camila went inside to get her evening bag but Lauren had got them for her. "Thank you."

Lauren looked and smiled at Camila. Lauren handed the clutch. She helped Camila to wear the coat, the winter scarf, and the hat. Lauren kissed her lightly on the lips to lit Camila's mood up a bit. Dinah and Sofia smiled when she saw how Lauren always treated Camila sweetly, "Let's go!" Dinah said once they finished.

Lauren held Camila's hand. At least, Camila did not reject her.

The exhibition started earlier in winter. It was not the biggest exhibition in town, but it was reputable for talented new artists. Camila was excited to find out that the time they visited London was the same time as the exhibition. They stepped into the exhibition hall. Many people had arrived.

Camila and Lauren were enjoying the paintings while Dinah and Sofia were enjoying the arts more playfully as they were not into art like Lauren and Camila. Camila's eyes focussed on the works of art while Lauren's eyes would switch between the arts and Camila. Camila was an art to her. She loved looking at Camila when Camila was in her serious mode with art.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the special painting tonight will be featured soon in the next hall." The announcer said.

"Special painting?" Lauren frowned and looked at Camila. Camila was supposed to know about it as she was the one who registered them for the event.