Chapter 3

"How'd we get so lucky" Franky said resting her arm on my shoulders as we swung our aprons with our other hands, heading to the diner for work. I yawned forcing my eyes to stay open from the sun blaring down on us. "Franky I am running on four hours of sleep right now" I said groaning as we walked into the diner. 

"Well wake up we got another interesting day ahead of us" She said kissing my head as she tied her apron around her waist. "Good morning my two favorite workers" Grandma Ann said beaming with a smile as she hugged the both of us. "We're your only workers" I said as she hummed to herself choosing to ignore my comment. 

Grandpa came out of his office with his thin gold framed glasses sitting at the bridge of his nose, with his hands on his hips looking around the restaurant, gesturing and smiling to our regulars. "Shay you got bar this morning, keep an eye on empty coffee cups, and Franky you've got the dining area this morning. If its this slow today you guys can leave at 2" He said the last part quietly as both Franky and I smirked at each other. 

"can you say the last part again I didn't hear you" I said as he shook his head laughing. "Don't make me change my mind" He said sticking up his pointer finger at the both of us as we nodded holding in our excitement. I walked around the bar as I dusted off my apron walking over to the coffee makers beginning to fill each one up with water. 

"Good Morning can we sit here?" I looked up to the older couple as I smiled. "Mr and Mrs Smith you guys can sit anywhere in the diner, I'll have people move seats if i have too" I said as they laughed taking a seat in front of where I was working on the coffee. 

"So I hear there's supposed to be thunderstorms throughout the week starting tonight" Mrs Smith said as I got chills down my body placing there coffee mugs in front of them. "Really? I had no idea, do you know what time it's supposed to start?" I asked as they shrugged. "They said just sometime in the evening you know how the news is one minute its this time the next its this" She said laughing as I smiled pouring them there coffee. 

"Are we still doing the usual for breakfast?" I asked as they nodded. I wrote down there order on a slip in my notepad ripping it and clipping to the usual wrack sending it back to the kitchen. "Can I get 6 coffees to go please" I heard a familiar voice from behind as I turned around seeing the same tall brown haired boy in front of me yawning. 

"Oh good morning to you too drew, you're so sweet I actually am running on four ours of fucking sleep, and yes I am cranky in the mornings thank you sooo much for asking. Oh you want six coffees yes of course I can get that for you" I said sarcastically smiling at him, as he laughed. 

"She's not a morning person" Franky said passing him as he pierced his lips together. "Could've warned me" He said back to her as she walked to the table she was serving. I took six to go coffee cups and placed them in front of me, feeling his eyes on me.  

"Is there a specific way they want there coffees" I asked him as he shook his head. "Just can you give me creamers and sugar they can pour it in themselves" He said smiling softly at me as I nodded. I waited for the coffee to brew in the pot as I looked up at him catching his stare. 

"What?" I asked as he shook his head lifting his pointer finger in the air for me to wait as I watched him walk out of the diner and then back in, walking up to the counter. "Good Morning Shay how'd you sleep" He asked sitting back down in the seat he was in before as I laughed shaking my head. 

"Good Morning Drew, I slept fine, just running on four hours of sleep, how about you?" I asked walking in front of him and softly smiling. "Same we had to get up early this morning to start filming which by the way are you guys coming to the set later?" He asked as I nodded. "I think so we get off at two thinking we're going to change and then come by you guys" I said as he smiled.