Chapter 11

The sound of sigils around me made me peal my eyes open. As my mind reminded that I was sleeping on the beach. I shuffled in my position to see if anyone else was awake from the birds as I found everyone huddled in blankets asleep.

I moved Drews arm off me slowly not waking him up as I wrapped myself in my blanket and tossed the hood to my sweater over my head. I grabbed my phone and walked closer to the water as I sat far enough on the sand were the water wasn't going to reach me.

The sky a light blue with shades of pink, the sand slightly cold as I listened to the water splash against each other. Peace, as the soft wind blew against my face. Today was chemo, the 1st day. My mind scared but my body somewhat ready for what's to come.

I lifted my legs to my chest bring my arms to hold them as I held the blanket covering my whole body now. I was tired my body felt it too. Thinking about my mom in times I felt as though my world was falling apart I knew her words would make me feel better.

Water brimming at the edge of my eyelids at the thought of memories with her that were slowly fading away as each day goes by. Like the sound of her voice I fear the day of forgetting.

"Good morning" I heard a soft voice near me as I looked up seeing Mads softly smiling at me as she took a seat next to me, adjusting herself the same way I was with her blanket.

"Couldn't sleep?" She asked as I nodded staring out in the water. "My minds been running in circles I'm trying to catch up with it" I said as she stayed quiet for a moment.

"If I could atleast ease your mind a little from what it's going through trust me I would in a heartbeat" she said as I smiled softly at her. "I saw you and Rudy walking last night I was to tired to join you guys but how was that? He's usually a good person to talk to when you're going through things he gives the best advice and reassurance out of all of us" she laughed to herself as I smiled.

"It was good, he asked me if I'm scared about today and the whole process" I said as she listened. "Are you?" She asked as I nodded piercing my lips together. "More than I think I show" I said laughing softly as I shook my head.

"I think it's just the idea of not making it or being strong enough. Also the fact that I will probably be bald in the next few weeks absolutely terrifies me" I said resting my chin on my knees.

"Well first you're going to make it regardless if you think you might not. You're probably the strongest person I know. And for the bald part I think you're going to look beautiful either way" she said as I smiled sadly at her.

As I peered over her shoulder to see Drew walking tiredly up to us. He smiled once he saw me looking at him as he joined us sitting down. "Good Morning what are we talking about fill me in" he said hugging his blanket as we both smiled at him.

"About how your girlfriends going to be bald in a few weeks" I said as he smiled. "I think she's going to look so sexy" he said as both Mads and I laughed.  "I second that" she said as I couldn't help but smile to myself. "You guys are so sweet" I said to them as the three of us looked at the view in front of us.

"Mads come with me to get coffee" Rudy yelled from behind us as she nodded getting up from her spot next to me. "I shall be back" She said as I nodded looking up at her as I watched her walk away from Drew and I.

Drew readjusting himself as he moved his legs around me wrapping his arms from behind as he pulled my back into his chest covering us with his blanket over mine.

"Have you started writing a song for me" he said as I smiled watching the water come to the shore. "No it won't happen" I said laughing quietly as he scoffed jokingly making me laugh louder.